Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues when using Ionic apps with Windows phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been experiencing issues with the Ionic apps from the App Gallery that require Internet conectivity to work.

I believe these issues might be caused by the Fitbit Windows app, as they don't occur when linked to an iPhone.

When opening apps like Yelp or CCMarket on the Ionic, an error is shown asking to check connection to the phone app.

WP_20180113_20_07_53_Pro.jpgWP_20180113_20_08_05_Pro.jpg

Could anyone with an Ionic and Windows phone please confirm if they are also experiencing this issue with those Apps?

I use a Lumia 950, which is on the list of official supported devices.

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

It also happens with the Stocks app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been experiencing issues with the Ionic apps from the App Gallery that require Internet conectivity to work.

I believe these issues might be caused by the Fitbit Windows app, as they don't occur when linked to an iPhone.

When opening apps like Yelp, Stocks, or CCMarket on the Ionic, an error is shown asking to check connection to the phone app.WP_20180113_20_08_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20180113_20_07_53_Pro.jpg

Could anyone with an Ionic and Windows phone please confirm if they are also experiencing this issue with those Apps?

I've tried with both a Lumia 950 and Lumia 550, which are on the list of official supported devices.

Best Answer

I haven't gotten any of them to work either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one affected by this!

I think it might be a widespread issue.

Let's see of some other uses can confirm they suffer it too, or if someone from Fitbit can confirm if this is a known issue

Best Answer

I am facing the same issues:

The weather app has always worked only the first day I set it up, since then it shows me "Sync the Fitbit app to update". Logging out in the Fibit app and logging in again helps to sync it, but I cannot be doing that every day.

The Philips Hue app that I installed has never worked because it requires entering the IP address of the bridge in the Fitbit app. Unfortunately, the Fitbit app on phone crashes once I press any key on the keyboard when trying to type in the address. The same crash is happening in the weather app when I try to enter the location.

In other words, all apps that rely on the connected phone are completely useless with Windows Mobile.

Best Answer

@jimm98y Have you tried other apps such as the Yelp or CCMarket apps that obtain real-time data from the Internet? Do you receive the same errors shown in my pictures?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried the CCMarket and on my Lumia 950 DS I can see the same error message as you do.

Best Answer

Hi all. 

@JMC94 @Michael I can confirm that apps like Yelp, Stocks, or CCMarket require Ionic to sync with your mobile device before statistics from these apps will be displayed on the watch. 

Just to confirm, are you still seeing this screen after you have successfully synced Ionic to your Windows phone? 

@jimm98y I believe the experience you are describing is separate from what others have posted in this thread. We are currently investigating reports similar to yours and are working to have this issue resolved in a future update. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hmm this is strange. I have successfully synced with the phone before installing the app, then used the settings on the phone to configure it and I got that message. I tried closing the app on the watch, re-opening, nothing. Then I tried to type something in the settings of my Hue app and it crashed. I re-opened the app and synced for the second time. Still no data after successful sync in both CCMarket and Weather. Now, 10 minutes later after I wrote my post, I re-opened the CCMarket app and voila I can see some data. I also tried the Weather app and to my surprise after 14 days I can see the forecast! I should mention that during those 14 days I opened the app at least once a day and performed sync but I've never seen any data in he weather app. It looks like installing the CCMarket did the same job as login/logout before. I'm curious how long this will work until I get no data again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit Yes my Ionic syncs with my Windows phone all the time. (Both in the background and via me manually syncing it.)

I have never gotten Yelp or the NY Times apps to work. The weather app randomly shows data. (But mostly not.)

Best Answer

@MattFitbit The problem is with Ionic apps requiring real-time data from the Internet (through phone connection). Syncing (steps, exercise, etc) works well.

Best Answer

@JMC94 I merged these two threads together to help keep the community tidy. 

Just wanted to follow up with you all. I reached out to our partner team and they are currently looking into similar reports. So thanks for taking the time to call this out. 

In the meantime, I have been advised that a potential workaround would be restarting Ionic, force closing the Fitbit app, and then force syncing your Ionic.

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I have another problem with Ionic apps and WP (10 on 950 dual sim).

I just got an Ionic after my Surge died (just before warranty).

Switching was relatively easy. It would have been nice for the alarms to be carried over. They did not.

Anyway, I've been unable to setup the SBUX app at this point. As soon as I type something in the settings of the app (on the phone), the app crashes. That's happened with at least another app. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted the phone. Same behavior.

The Ionic only pairs with one device so I didn't find a straightforward way to do this from a PC. Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, forget about the last sentence. Maybe my phone was too close last time I tried. After I finished the previous post, my PC prompted me to pair with the watch. It failed a few times but finally succeeded. Setting up the SBUX app on the PC worked...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem Lumia 950XL Hue app and Weather app etc.

No connection to Phone.

I found a solution to get it working for one moment.

when you click in de app on your Phone on Bonding and then Bonding the phone again then bluetooth shows connected to Ionic.

Then de apps are working.

Normally he is never connected to bluetooth which is very strange because the phone and Ionic can synchronize when bluetooth is not connected to the Ionic!

Only when it shows connected on your phone (bluetooth Ionic) then all is working fine.

Update windows app !! please make sure that the ionic always stays connected with bluetooth on windows10 !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same connection problems with my Microsoft Lumia 950L and my HP X3 phone. Reinstalling the app and resetting the Ionic didn't solve the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fazant Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your report on this thread. 

In the meantime, please try restarting your watch, force closing the Fitbit app, and then force syncing your watch. This has helped other users in the past.

Thanks again for reporting this. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes