Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding food products to the data base

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can I make changes to custom foods that I have entered to my food data base?  For example, if I have made an error in calculating the calorie count and would like to correct it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @wingsdesigns, it's been a while since you posted but I don't want this remain without a solution.

Indeed the way the Dashboard works vary depending of the platform, but for edit Custom Food the web-based Dashboard will do just fine for this. To edit a previous entry of your custom food go to your food page.

Food edit 1.png

On this screen, go to your side panel where is Food stats, Favorites and Foods. Make sure to select on Favorites, the Food tab as is depicted on the screenshot above. As you can see there is an option called "Edit My Food".  Select this option and you will see the following screen:

Edit 2.JPG

I have created some custom food for this example, so here you will see your own food and to edit is very simple once you are here. Press the option to Edit at one side of each food and another screen will prompt so you can enter the corrections you want to make.

edit 3.png

When you have enter the corrections or the additional information if you want to add more details just press the save button and your custom food will be corrected now.

See you around and stay awesome.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@wingsdesigns It's great to see you in the Community! You can make changes to custom food logs by doing the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and log into your account if you haven't already done so.

2. Click on the "+" icon in the top right corner of your dashboard.

3. Click on the custom food log you want to edit. Please note this will typically be under the "recent" column.

4. Adjust the information to reflect the correct information within this custom food log.

5. Click on the check mark at the bottom of the page to save this edit.

You can also refer to our help article for steps to delete the custom food log and log it again with the correct information.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi,
Thanks for your response. I do not see a + icon anywhere on my
dashboard page or my log food page. I am using a PC to access my
account as I do not have a smart phone. Could this be the problem?

Moderator edit: Personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @wingsdesigns, it's been a while since you posted but I don't want this remain without a solution.

Indeed the way the Dashboard works vary depending of the platform, but for edit Custom Food the web-based Dashboard will do just fine for this. To edit a previous entry of your custom food go to your food page.

Food edit 1.png

On this screen, go to your side panel where is Food stats, Favorites and Foods. Make sure to select on Favorites, the Food tab as is depicted on the screenshot above. As you can see there is an option called "Edit My Food".  Select this option and you will see the following screen:

Edit 2.JPG

I have created some custom food for this example, so here you will see your own food and to edit is very simple once you are here. Press the option to Edit at one side of each food and another screen will prompt so you can enter the corrections you want to make.

edit 3.png

When you have enter the corrections or the additional information if you want to add more details just press the save button and your custom food will be corrected now.

See you around and stay awesome.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this information.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @wingsdesigns, I'm glad to hear the information I provided before was exactly what you were looking for. I'm sure this information will be helpful to other users from our Community, so thank you for bring this up.

Don't forget to participate in our Discussions Board and hope to see you soon again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is if you want to get serious there are several shortfalls. I have an Android phone. I will check out the Web after. When I edit the nutrition of a food 

1. It is not clear what serving size I am looking at. Whether it is the original of the size I am logging,  even the standard 100g or 3.5 Oz. 

2. It forgets the kj oo kcal therefore what do I put in. The serving size or the Calc of fat proteins carbs and fibre. Why put it in at all can't fit bit Calc it for me. Then maybe I wouldn't have undetermined kj on my dashboard (what is that anyway).

3. The vitamins are hit and miss whether they are there or not. Some choices of the same food eg red peppers have them and some don't. 

4. I have hypertension as do most Americans and I am watching my salt and potassium. It would be good to be able to monitor these in a dashboard clock similar to kj. Not to mention diebetics and many other diseases that have to have managed diets.

Kind Regards Gary

Best Answer
0 Votes