Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know how to get fitbit zip to sync. Turned bluetooth on and off multiple times but it won't

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know how to get fitbit zip to sync.  Dongle in.  Turned bluetooth on and off several times but dashboard does not update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @kathdnich  as of October 13, 2022 we need to use a compatible device in order to sync. You can't sync to a computer. If you have a mobile device or tablet, you can sync that way. The dongle won't be needed for them. click to read about compatible devices

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Once again my Fitibit zip fails to sync.  Turn bluetooth off and on and still no sync.  It also erased my steps once last week and again this week.  Help is no help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trouble syncing article - click to go there. My friend has a Zip and when it won't sync, they tap the face of it. I'm not sure if that really helps, but it does seem to work somehow. You have to use a compatible phone or mobile device, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. My zip uses a dongle and it will sync sometimes and not others even when I do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kathdnich  as I posted above, the computer app, which uses the dongle, isn't going to work now. It was discontinued. You have another way to sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. Can’t wear watches. Guess I’m done.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kathdnich  the Inspire 2, Inspire 3 can be used with an optional clip. Why not check those out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have we changed the battery! My fitbit zip battery was at 60% and having trouble syncing. I changed the battery everything is 👍!

Dan Dragel
Best Answer

If you have a smart phone, you should be able to sync through this phone. 

You could even use a older unregistered phone by using your homes WiFi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes