Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery level/indicator

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I too have recently had battery drain issue with my Fitbit Zip.  It is over a year old, and for most of the first year, battery depleted as it should.  Now it depletes the battery within days.  I've followed the instructions for checking the contact and cleaning.  I've tried 3 different batteries, even did sync before changing last time and lost all my steps for that day and it brought up a reduced amount of steps.  I purchased a replacement Zip, and it too is now doing the same thing.  Dashboard will show orange battery level, Zip doesn't.  Then within a few days, the flashing battery icon on the Zip appears and App shows it depleted. This is nuts!  Is it possible the replacement Zip is bad too?  As others have stated, at one part of the day the App shows the orange battery, then maybe 4 hours later shows full charge.  No rhyme or reason.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply @Atriumlady! Yes, at the moment the only option is to replace. Each tracker must be different model, meaning an account cannot have two Flexes or two Ones for example.

Please keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for stopping by @Atriumlady! I really appreciate all the time and effort you have put to solve this. Please confirm that you have check as described in this post that the contact on your Zip is correctly aligned

Keep me posted, I look forward to get you back on track! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact was correctly aligned. I'm on day two of the new Fitbit Zip and so far battery indicator showing full in the App and has not appeared (thankfully) on the Zip screen. However, time will tell. I did turn off "all day sync".

Eileen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Atriumlady! I think that if your battery is fluctuating like this, turning off "all day sync" will not be as helpful as it should. However, to further assist you I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question. 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  I have the new Fitbit registered in my app, so the original is no longer connected to it.  Still kept it, but not using it.  Didn't see an option to keep both connected.  Only choice was to replace?  At some point I'd like to try another new battery in the original to see if it truly was a battery issue and not the device.  (3 batteries were tried.). Appreciate your previous replies and I know to contact Customer Support in the future.  Many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Atriumlady! Yes, at the moment the only option is to replace. Each tracker must be different model, meaning an account cannot have two Flexes or two Ones for example.

Please keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes