Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new zip, dead battery already

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband replaced his One with a Zip yesterday. We bought it brand new from Dick's Sporting Goods, so today is his first day with it. He said the battery is dead already. Other than returning it to Dick's, is there something else we can do to remedy this battery situation? This can't be normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by @spdracrThis is an odd situation. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

Keep me posted! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for stopping by @spdracrThis is an odd situation. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

Keep me posted! 😉

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to my husband's brand new zip. He bought it on Amazon and the factory battery worked only one day. It was dead the next. We guessed it had sat in a warehouse for a long while and perhaps the battery died - or maybe it was a small battery to begin with.... We changed the battery and it has worked for two days now... I'm a bit leery about this purchase now after seeing the same thing happened to yours and seeing other people complaining about batteries dying prematurely as well.

Fitbit? Any answers to this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seemed to do the trick. Thank you!

Best Answer

My battery kept dying in my Zip One.  When I turned off the ALL-Day Sync feature the battery magically came back to life.  I have not had any problems since deactivating that feature.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Not sure this is the place to post this but I am also having battery issues with the zip. My first one drained the battery within a day and was not even close to being accurate with step count. Customer service replaced it.

I've used my second zip for two days and, although it seems accurate with tracking, my battery icon has a slash through it and I received email that it was dead. I restarted and icon was fine for a couple of hours and battery slash icon returned. Put this battery on tester which shows it is fine.

So, do I ignore the icon or keep restarting zip? I'm not going to keep replacing battery when it tests ok. Constantly restarting is not practical or efficient.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband tried LucyFitbit's suggestion (above) and it solved the issue with his Zip.

Best Answer

Awesome help @spdracr and @Siouxbee! Nice to see you here @DancerToo and @SunsetRunner! I really appreciate all your feedback. This helps us to keep improving our products and services. 

Please confirm that you have followed the suggestions on my previous post. If so, please let me know. I 'd love to help you further with this. 

Keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was offered this as a solution as well and it did nothing to help my Zip. The battery that came with it died after three weeks and now I am having to replace the batteries I purchased every few days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery icon and email said my battery was very low. It tested fine on battery charger so I left it in. I'll give it some time but it's crazy to spend time restarting or paying for/replacing batteries! Zip costs too much money for all of this trouble.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just been given a fitbit zip for xmas. It won't start up and I've completed the steps for the suggested remedy of making sure that the contacts are up and forward so that they make contact correctly. Looks like a dead battery... or worse... What should I do to have this corrected?

My mother bought it for me and she's not the best when things like this happen i.e. shes great if you fall down in the street having a heart attack (she was an A&E nurse for decades) but the minute she has to return something to the shop, it's serious! What can I do to try and get this working without impinging on my mothers zen?

PS she also lives 900km away...

Best Answer
0 Votes