Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard showing calories not steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My dashboard used to show the number of steps I walked and now shows just calories burned. I can't seem to add it to the dashboard or to change it any way I try. Help please!
Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi there @MarissaC, welcome aboard to our Community and this case look similar to one that had one of my friends. My recommendation is to make sure your tracker is paired to your account.

Most of the times when your tracker is not longer paired it wont show any step or exercise information. So try to set up your tracker as a new device on your existing account. If you are using your iPad then the process would be the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app
  2. Tap on the Account Tab
  3. Here you should be able to see the option to Set Up a Device.
  4. Just follow the onscreen instruction to complete this process.

Ser up new.JPG

Once your tracker is paired again all your stats should be back on your Dashboard.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I am embarrassed but that's what it was! Thank you so much!
Best Answer

Hi there @MarissaC. Don't worry about it. The important here is that you were able to resolved the issue and you are back on track again. Robot wink

Stay awesome and  keep me posted if you have more questions. Don't forget to visit our Discussions Board.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem - yesterday my app showed steps, miles, active minutes.  Today I only see calories (and it's the wrong number)

I am trying to re-set my zip and the app has found it but it has been over 15 minutes trying to connect to my tracker.  Should I continue waiting or try to reset it again?  Please help!

Thank you!

Best Answer

After an hour of my phone trying to connect, I re-loaded the fitbit app on my computer and was able to connect that way.  I now have all the information back on my phone, synced with my tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @KathrynF, welcome aboard to our Community and I'm sorry I couldn't answer you sooner. Nonetheless I glad the your Zip after all syncs with no more hassle.

Sometimes the tracker may have difficulties at the moment to sync showing you only calories burned, which is your BMR as you may know, If the issue persist in a future refer to this post that gather different troubleshooting tips for different devices: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this)

Hope to see you again, don't forget to keep participating in our Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mobile phone is still only showing calories. I followed all the syncing steps.

Best Answer

Hi @Drmaria1, it's nice to see you around. Welcome to the Forums! Heart

Thanks for trying those steps. Can you see the step tile? or What is the information that you have in your Dashboard? It'd be great if you could send a screenshot of the information that you can see from your end. Since, once you've synced your Fitbit all data should be shown on the Fitbit App.

Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the suggestions with no luck!!  Still shows calories not steps .  Help please.

Best Answer

Nice to have you here @Cnchiera

I'd like to have more details about the missing steps. Are you getting those calories on the Dashboard or on your Zip? You can also check this post from @WendyB, where she is sharing some great points about this topic.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Until yesterday. Zip and iPhone  were synced but for no reason only calories only show,  I changed the battery, turned phone off and then on and also deleted app and then reopened.  Still only calories showing this am.  Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is showing calories instead of steps ...this happened today after I updated the app

how do I fix this....also it now doesn’t show up on the Bluetooth so won’t sync

Best Answer

Well, today I started having this, but the blue tooth is syncing just fine. On the today application at the top, I only see a large circle with calories burned (matches what is displayed on fit bit charge 3). The steps, stairs, minutes of activity, and miles are all missing... 

I let my phone turn off, (power save, not power down) and now they are back. Very odd and flaky. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any luck on this issue??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My home page only shows calories-steps are gone. I have tried the reconnect proses and still only shows calories.

Also my phone will not pair with Alexa...get to the end of the setup process and phone does not sync with Fitbit so when I hold down button to activate Alexa it always says finish set up and sync with phone

I have a versa2

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 3 seems to be recording steps taken ok but the Fitbit app dashboard On my iPad stubbornly refuses to show anything but calories burned. I have done the forgetting and re-pairing my tracker but it hasn’t made any difference whatsoever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I could help, but really I am rubbish at technical stuff. I just re-installed it and it seemed to work.

M
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone through countless posts trying to fix my "Calorie only" issue and this is the one that was able to successfully show the step icon.  Now I'm just dealing with the "unable to sync" issue which is another pain.  I just wanted to say thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please help me? Suddenly I can only see the calories burned on my Iphone app, and not the steps anymore....

Best Answer
0 Votes