Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate stats from yesterday in my Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip synched to my phone app last night and it erroneously logged my steps from yesterday (7/13) for both 7/13 and 7/14. So my step count for today (7/14) is incorrect, because it's just displaying my steps from yesterday two days in a row. Is there any way to manually edit or correct my steps for today? I don't really want it showing something incorrect. (I've tried the "driving" hack, and it didn't work, the steps remained the same). 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How you doing my friend @AKarklus? Welcome! Smiley Happy

Thanks for adding all those details on your post. You did a great job by trying the "driving" log to delete steps. But as these steps were like a shadow from your previous day, there is no way to erase them. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is not normal and we hope this won't happen again. If you notice anything different, please let me know. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

How you doing my friend @AKarklus? Welcome! Smiley Happy

Thanks for adding all those details on your post. You did a great job by trying the "driving" log to delete steps. But as these steps were like a shadow from your previous day, there is no way to erase them. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is not normal and we hope this won't happen again. If you notice anything different, please let me know. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding! I'll just have to make a note of it being incorrect for that day. Not the end of the world, ultimately. 

I appreciate your help!

Best Answer

That's a really positive way to see this experience @AKarklus! You're right about this, but I'd suggest to keep an eye on your Zip for future synchronizations. Hopefully you won't have more issues.

Have an excellent day! Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I have the same problem.  Today my Fitbit Zip picked up my steps from yesterday (12,746 steps) and applied them to today, while starting the miles at 0.  After going on a walk it now shows 21,586 steps and 4.33 miles, which does not make sense.  About 30 minutes ago I saw a low battery symbol on the Zip so I replaced it.  In the past I have lost some steps when the battery gets low but this is the first time it has added steps.  Is this normal?

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @cdmueller103, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear about the issues that you're having with your Fitbit Zip. This is not an expected behavior from the Dashboard, since the tracker must be having some internal issues; that's why it is not sending all the information in the correct way. Thanks for changing the battery on your Zip, but I'd suggest to check the contacts on the back of it and try to check if the door closes in properly. You can follow the steps in this post.

I don't think that your data can be fixed at this point but we need to see if the Fitbit Zip is still working properly, otherwise we might have to check your warranty options.

Give it a try and keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes