Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even after putting a new battery showing low battery icon

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Zip was show low battery icon. It alerted me even on the App. I am surprised as it's only couple of months I changed the battery. Neverthless, got a new battery and put in. It continued to show low battery icon. Once a while on the app the battery level changes to yellow, but after a while it becomes low icon again. I thought may be there is a bug in showing the level and ignored it. 

Today, just after a week, the battery got completely drained and had to put another new battery. After I inserted the new battery, I continue to see the low battery icon on the zip. It's only after few minutes I see that icon vanish. I have to see how long this battery will last.

Any suggestions will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I'm having the same issue!  I contacted Fitbit regarding this a few months ago and they suggested I check that the little metal prong where the battery goes touches the battery at all times.  Sometimes it gets bent when replacing the battery.  This helped at first, but I gave up and haven't worn my zip since November.  It cost too much to replace the battery as often as I was.  I decided to give it another chance this week but after 2 days of using a new battery, my fitbit is yelling that my battery is half dead!  The website says it should last 6 months!!  What's going on??

So frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I've only had the ZIP less than 4 months and the other day I received a notification that the battery was low. The next day it displayed full. The following day it displayed low again. So today I bought a new battery, and it still says low battery and displaying the incorrect time. Does anybody know how to solve this issue??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased the Fitbit zip new a week ago and it came with a new battery which I installed but already after only a week it's showing medium battery life.  

Best Answer
0 Votes