Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip battery draining issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone currently having issues with battery draining on a Fitbit Zip? Mine is a real problem and currently the batteries are lasting several DAYS only! I previously contacted Customer support and my issue was not resolved they just said they weren't aware of this issue with anyone else using a Samsung Galaxy android phone. I have to get this sorted it is costing me an arm and a leg. Surely the issue isn't the phone anyway, the battery is showing empty on the actual Zip not just on the App.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

I am having the same issue and more my zip battery lasts either 24 hours or as much as approximately 2-4 weeks. It constantly tells me my battery is low. 

additionally, I take walks or do beachbody workouts with friends several times a week and the discrepancy between my zip and theirs is massive (as much as 3000 less). It’s so discouraging to not get my steps as I’m doing an incentive program for work and my activity is not counting. 

Best Answer
I'm there with you on the incentive with my Health Insurance..........This issue with the Fitbit if costing me money  
Best Answer

Well I spent the last day wit Fitbit support via Twitter with no solution.  They offered me 25% off on a new Fitbit watch.  🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called support very pleasant basically determined without saying so that my zip was dead. Less than 2 years old and past warranty just like my one, last battery didnt do a thing just blank, they offered me 25% purchase, via email, on there website. 1 day later still waiting on that email! Maybe I politely got blown off, good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an email too for 25% off. Oddly enough my Zip was showing 25% battery.  Today it’s at 50%’and not having issues.  Not sure what’s going on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, same issue.  I've had this Zip for a couple of years and recently it's eating batteries at an alarming rate (and not notifying me that the battery died so I've missed a couple of days).  My first Zip had the same problem and when I contacted them they replaced it, but that was years ago.  I don't want a watch device so may have to purchase another Zip from eBay.

Best Answer

My fit bit zip battery has only lasted one week !!!  WTH it says 3 months. 
anyone else have this issue ???

Best Answer

open a you left ticket with Fitbit. If under warranty you make get helped. Otherwise they aren’t helping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is this fit bit zip , after a week , not holding a charge ???  

Best Answer

Nobody knows.  Most likely because this device is no longer being sold and Fitbit doesn’t care to find the reason or solution.  Most likely a software issue.  

Best Answer

-- double post ---

Trust me, when Fitbit no longer makes a product, they did not go to your house and changed the hardware in the tracker. 

Most replacement battery drain issues with the CR2025 are from purchasing batteries that are already near the end of their life, sometimes years after manufacture. This battery is not a common battery anymore. I suggest replacing it with the CR2032 it is the same width, a tiny bit thicker with 40% more battery life when fresh. They also are more popular and you have a better chance of getting a fresh one. 

BTW I have been making this swap since 1976

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
The batteries are dated way out. I purchased from Walmart and from Walgreens. It’s definitely a faulty zip. There are plenty reviews saying it’s a common issue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The only way to get ttge actual manufacturer date from the code is to contact the battery manufacturer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just ordered new batteries and went with generic.  Also did all the steps the help support gave me. 1.  Deleted app and reinstalled 2: cleaned battery and inside of Fitbit.  3.  Turned on manual synch and Turned manual synch back off.  It seems to be working now so I shall see.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I buy a 5 pack of Sony batteries from Amazon for $2. Looking at my order history I reorder every year around the end of the year. My last purchase was December 2019 and those say they are good until 2029. I guess I could believe that every now and then a battery is bad, but with so many people having issues seems like a unit issue. With my previous Zip I started a log of when I put batteries in, if my current one continues to eat them up I'll do that again. The batteries are cheaper than a new Zip, but a pain, particularly when it doesn't tell you and you loose recording steps. 

Best Answer

I agree 100% with you.  I don’t think it’s a battery issue. 

Best Answer
Yes. I’ve put in 3 batteries in ten days. It makes no sense. I truly believe it’s the unit. I purchased batteries from two different places 🤷‍:female_sign:

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Finally Fitbit are sending me a replacement, but I will not get my Hope's up I am worried that I will have the same issue with the new one and if I do, that will be the same problem in 3 different units! We will wait and see. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Huh?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

sciencetch_0-1580662773826.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes