Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Zip is not refreshing at night and it is now dead after 2 weeks of use. Do I need a new Zip after I bought this 3 years ago?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sanity908  the Zip was discontinued over two years ago and is not longer being made. The only current Fitbit that uses an optional clip is the Inspire 2. Have you tried putting in a fresh battery? 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @sanity908  the Zip was discontinued over two years ago and is not longer being made. The only current Fitbit that uses an optional clip is the Inspire 2. Have you tried putting in a fresh battery? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! First, thank you for replying. I had no idea the Zip was discontinued and Support never even mentioned it to me when I chatted with them about this problem. Yes, I did replace it with a new battery 10 days ago and again today. Because it's not "refreshing", I've walked over 21,000 steps today. Of course that's wishful thinking. I will check out the Inspire 2 because I need something simple for steps only and don't want to wear a watch. I appreciate your help. Are you happy with the Inspire 2? or do you use something else? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an Alta HR, but have a friend using a Zip. Could your problem be with syncing? you can find information in this article - click to go there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am able to sync with my phone and then it updates on my computer. So I don’t think that’s an issue. If the zip doesn’t refresh to start over for tomorrow I will probably stop using it. It’s not like I don’t know when I’m being lazy and I can always use my Runkeeper for tracking when I’m out there. Appreciate your willingness to help. 

Best Answer