Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit battery cover replacement

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, over a month a go my fitbit zip suffered a problem, the battery cover broke. I contacted Fitbit, seeking to purchase a replacement as my fitbit was out of warranty ( as on their site, they do replacement parts for other fitbits that you can order), but I was told they don't, that they couldn't do anything to help either as my fitbit was out of warranty.  So I did the next best thing which lasted for a while ( I put selotape around the unit to keep the battery in), however as I arrived home one day, the only thing I had left was the belt clip, it looked like the zip had popped out of the belt clip due to my alternative method. And so I contacted Fitbit again to make them aware. There advice was to put it up on here( why the company can't do it themselves and need customer validation is beyond me) so here's my idea, alas it won't help me but might help other zip users 

Either

1) Include a second battery cover with the zip just in case the main cover breaks.

2) Make the battery cover readily available to buy from the fit bit store, so even if your zip is out of warranty you can still carry on using it.

3) Discontinue the zip as if your zip is out of warranty and the battery cover breaks it in essence becomes useless...

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @Katedale! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about having a Zip battery cover replacement.

Marcel | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir KudosSmiley Wink

Welche Musik hört ihr bei welchem Training?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, whilst I can't be helped as my fitbit is lost, it might help others who have the zip version get more out of their fit bit. As it doesn't matter if you bought or got a fitbit as a present it's an investment, and when something happens when it's out of warranty, you'd like to think there's something that can be done before you class it as unusable.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

So, my Fitbit Zip battery cover will probably “die” (break) during the next battery change-any idea where can I order a replacement?

Best Answer

Hi JC-R.

Whilst I cant say that the zip battery cover will break the next time you change you battery, what I can say is it might be worth investing in another step tracker, fitbit or other such as garmin ect. I purchased the fitbit inspire last year when it was on sale to get me back on track, and at this point it was on sale from Amazon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There aren't replacements available, however, there is a 3D model someone created that can be printed. I don't have a 3D printer or I would've done so. I'm debating having a small fabrication performed but custom parts are pricey in small quantities. I'm bummed as just saw an eBay listing I missed that included 8 Zips with backs and battery tools for $20. I'm surprised with all the third-parties creating products for Fitbits that nobody sells an aftermarket battery door since Fitbit doesn't. Maybe someone will find this forum who knows how to resin cast and can teach us how to replicate one. IDK. Cheers!

Best Answer