Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit for international travel

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife has tried to use her Alta as her only watch for international travel. You used to be able to sync to your phone Without an internet connection. At some point in expanding social functions this capability was lost. Internet in many locations outside the states is very expensive. We have done ocean crossing cruises with new time zones almost daily. I was going to get her one of the more watch like Fitbit's. But we travel too much. Guess it will have to be an Apple Watch. Bring Back The Ability To Sync With Only Bluetooth!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @GrampsFit! Thanks for sharing your feedback about the syncing feature and your Fitbit devices. Fitbit trackers have always needed to have an active internet connection to sync your data. However, you don't need to sync your tracker everyday. Fitbit devices can store daily totals for up to 30 days.

To read more helpful tips about this, check out he the help article What should I know about traveling with my Fitbit?

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, but "solution" does not solve the problem of time zone changes where internet is expensive or otherwise not available. Need ability to set your watch function with just Bluetooth connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @GrampsFit! I appreciate your feedback about the syncing feature. Sorry to hear the difficulties that might represent for you to sync while you are abroad. Please be assured that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience.

Catch you later!

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes