Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit should accept returns past the 45 day window for trackers which don't work with Android 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  1. I had a Fitbit One and it stopped working the day I updated to Android 9.
  2. I reported this immediately to Fitbit support, who told me that this couldn't possibly the problem and that my tracker is broken, and that since my One was out of warranty the only option was to buy a new tracker.
  3. I said, "are you sure? it seems like an unlikely coincidence"
  4. They said they were sure. And since I have a supported phone, that wasn't the problem. I definitely needed to give the company more money to solve the issue..
  5. In December, I bought a Zip.
  6. It didn't work. Duh.
  7. I told support. They made me spend many hours jumping through hoops.
  8. They again swore up and down that the tracker must be at fault, and sent me a new one.
  9. I told them that that wouldn't work, but I'd try it.
  10. I spent more hours jumping through hoops.
  11. Of course it still doesn't work.
  12. I found the hundred-page thread where oh, yeah, it doesn't work for anyone.
  13. Fitbit keeps promising a fix soon.
  14. I waited.
  15. And waited.
  16. Finally, I ran out of patience and asked for a refund.
  17. This was denied because the refund period is only 45 days.
  18. I explained that this is only because I believed the now-obviously-deceitful claim that  a fix was imminent.
  19. They said (and this is a direct quote): "We truly wish we could revert this situation to accommodate you in a way you mayfind suitable. However, it is also necessary that we enforce our replacement
     policy."
  20. And also thanked me for my "understanding".
  21. Ahahaha. No. I am not understanding. Or rather, I do completely understand, and it's nothing to be grateful for. It seems likely that Fitbit actually knew about this problem all along. They certainly had the opportunity to, as I reported it immediately. This 45 day policy is Fitbit's own — they have the ability to make exceptions.
  22. Whether by sheer incompetence or by malice, Fitbit took my money and gave me a non-working product.
  23. Under the circumstances, any decent company would offer a refund to anyone affected — at minimum.
Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

You are 100% correct. Fitbit (and a large portion of Fitbit users) are aware that a lot of their products are not compatible with android 9.0 (Pie). The fact that Fitbit continues to ignore this fact is beyond frustrating.

Best Answer