Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit syncing and Fitbit connect issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After weeks of syncing problems and all the fixes suggested on the forums, I simply deleted my fitbit to start anew.  Imagine my dismay when fitbit connect still stated that my fitbit was connected and didn't even ask if I wanted to connect a replacement device!

Yes I attempted to reload fitbit connect, then restarted the computer, etc. etc.

Bottom line, after over 16,ooo miles and 34 million steps, I'm done.  Attempts at calling support garnered me no more than an offer of 25% off my next fitbit device.  No admittance of software issues.  No statements that fitbit is working on the issue.

From this point forward I simply have a pedometer to record steps and miles.  I will record the stats daily.

My disgust and frustration knows no bounds, and I am well aware that I am not alone.

My last hope is that this post gets thousands of votes and is forwarded to anyone that may care at fitbit headquarters.

Goodbye

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there @nitrodavegood to see you in the Forums!

I greatly appreciate your feedback, it is always useful. I just confirmed with our Support Team that your case has been treated, if you still having doubts I recommend you to contact them back for further assistance with this.

We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. Please let us know if there's anything we may do to assist you.

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

so far nothing else is working but to take the battery out 

Patti

Galaxy Note 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the lousy design of the Fitbit ZIP battery compartment, I would not advise doing that very often or you will have an unpowered ZIP, then what?.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm thinking duct tape .....
new one requested for mothers day
and not a zip
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @piwest6 and @Mumpie, thank you for your participation in the forums!

I'm sorry to hear that the synchronization of your Zip it's not easy to accomplish. I recommend you to check all the requirements listed in this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If all those requirements are in order, you can try removing the tracker from your phone's Bluetooth settings with all devices listed there too. Restart your phone and your tracker. Now add the tracker to the Bluetooth list and reopen the app to start a sync.

Finally, if those steps don't help I would like to know what phone are you using to try to synchronize. This to check the compatibility with the Fitbit app.

I hope this helps. Keep me posted with the outcome!Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

My incompatible phone worked fine for over two years.
Some 'compatible' phones are also experiencing this problem.

It is NOT a phone problem but appears to be related to the latest software (Android?) update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done all the above still has not resovled the issue. i have had this
phone for 8 months and just started having this issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
i submitted a request to Samsung we'll see if it gets fixed on there end.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do NOT believe that this is a phone issue.  I think it is due to a software (Android?) update to the phone in the past month or so.

My 'unauthorized' phone worked well for over 2 years, then suddenly, stopped syncing (I believe shortly after a software update to the Android system

Best Answer
0 Votes