Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I track distance that I run during sports?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I've tried searching the forums but didn't see much for the Zip and I'm still not quite sure how to do this. Basically, I got a device to track daily steps (easy enough!) but also determine roughly how far I am running during sporting events (basketball and soccer games). What is the best way to do the latter? So far I've logged an activity after the fact on the web dashboard with the appropriate times, and that gives me steps, calories and active minutes, but no distance. Is there anything I'm missing, or a better way to do this? Would greatly appreciate any help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity, 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your question @wegottops. I'll be glad to assist you with your inquiry.

Fitbit Zip can provide you with the distance traveled but there's no a way to cut a time period and register the exact amount at that specific time frame. 

I hope this information helps. Thank you for visiting the forums. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the forums @wegottops. It's nice to see you here. I'll be glad to assist you with your tracking distance inquiry.

Zip is the most basic tracker Fitbit has. The way you're registering your exercise is basically the only available way to do it. 

You can check our other devices that have other features to register your exercise.

Thank you for visiting the forums and let me know if you have more questions. 

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbit, thanks for the response! I do realize the Zip is the most basic and I don't need anything fancy or automatically tracked.

I guess I'm still a little confused since everything I've read about the Zip says that it tracks 3 things: steps, distance, and calories burned.

And I'm really just trying to determine distance traveled during a particular period of time. Are you saying there's no way to find that, either in the app or online? If so, I'd find that somewhat surprising! Either way, thanks for the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your question @wegottops. I'll be glad to assist you with your inquiry.

Fitbit Zip can provide you with the distance traveled but there's no a way to cut a time period and register the exact amount at that specific time frame. 

I hope this information helps. Thank you for visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit Okay thanks. A bit disappointed since that's the main thing I want a device for and I'd never considered it wouldn't be able to do this basic task, but I understand. I guess I'll have to look into a new device--a bit tough since I don't want one that can only be worn as a watch.

Best Answer

Hi @wegottops, thanks for getting back. Sorry you couldn't find the option that you were looking for in this tracker.

Feel free to post your questions around to make sure you will purchase the right fit for you.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer