Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many calories do you burn doing Yoga?

ANSWERED

I can add the hour yoga class I take to the types of activitites, but the form insists I fill in the number of calories burned. I have no idea how many calories an hour of yoga uses. Is this information somewhere, or should it be calculating it for me, or did I choose the wrong kind of yoga. I really don't know what it IS, only what it isn't.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That's strange, the list I get is:

yoga.PNG

I don't understand why we have different lists. I was only able to test those on my list and these had the calories as optional. Sorry I wasn't able to help.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

When using the predefined activities you shouldn't have to know the calories - fitbit will calculate them for you. However, you do need to know the calories when setting up a custom activity. I think you may therefore be confusing the two.

Go to the activity log at https://www.fitbit.com/activities and type "yoga" in the search field - but do not press enter. You should see a drop down list of the predefined yoga activities (Ashtanga, Bikram, Hatha etc). Click on the most appropriate one. You then specific times etc and have the option to provide calories if known but also the option to leave the calories blank if you want fitbit to calculate them.

The problem arises when you type something in the search field and press enter. If your search does not have an exact match, you will start the process of defining a custom activity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are 7 choices for yoga -- the first two just say "yoga". Since I don't know what type of yoga to classify the classes I take as, I chose the generic one at the top of the list and it did NOT calculate calories for me. I wasn't creating a custom activity; I chose one from the drop down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's strange, the list I get is:

yoga.PNG

I don't understand why we have different lists. I was only able to test those on my list and these had the calories as optional. Sorry I wasn't able to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the same list, but 'yoga' is listed twice at the top. Don't know why. I guess I'll ask my instructor what best describes the classes she leads. Thanks for trying to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I wrote Yoga I only got one alternative, not 7 like you. Is it some update that changed it? Not sure if it calculated calories or just used some kind of a baseline number for when you do nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a change in the activities selection recently, and most of the types of yoga, including one of the ones I'd specified, all disappeared. And, since our classes were on hiatus for the holidays, I haven't been back to see what they are now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue. I will type in "yoga" without pressing enter and four unspecified yoga options come up. When I choose the first one, only on occassion does it calculate my calories. There is no specification as to which type of yoga. Any body have suggestions? Is there another way to access the exercise database?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  I used to get a choice of Yoga types but now there is onlly one.  I hope that someone at Fitbit will fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do all the fitbits track yoga or just certain ones? I need to get one for my mom that tracks Hotha yoga

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t see 7 choices it just says yoga. 

Best Answer
0 Votes