Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a current Fitbit option that isn't a watch (like the Zip)?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had a Fitbit Zip for a while, but it popped out of the little holder yesterday and I can't find it. I loved it because I could wear it on my waistband or belt loop all day, and it wouldn't get in the way. 

I also really like wearing watches with hands and dials that exclusively tell time. Because of this, I have zero desire for a smart watch or anything else that's worn on my wrist with time on it. I do not want to wear two watches, because that's an extraordinarily silly thing to do. I could settle on something like a Flex, but alas they don't make those anymore either it seems

Does Fitbit actually make little bits that keep you fit anymore?  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @kintonw  the Inspire 2 can be worn on an optional clip. As for wearing two watches - in the past two weeks, two different members asked that and got positive responses. Yes, you can wear two and no, it's not silly. You just do what works for you and don't worry about it. The Zip was a sweet little thing, I agree. A friend has one and wouldn't swap it for anything.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @kintonw  the Inspire 2 can be worn on an optional clip. As for wearing two watches - in the past two weeks, two different members asked that and got positive responses. Yes, you can wear two and no, it's not silly. You just do what works for you and don't worry about it. The Zip was a sweet little thing, I agree. A friend has one and wouldn't swap it for anything.

Best Answer

@kintonw I've got a really nice watch collection, so yes, I understand. It's actually one of the big reasons I really like the One and Zip as well. It's funny, I didn't like the zip when it came out it looked like a silly fob but grew to love it. Yes, it may sound silly, but I'm wearing 2 watches right now. My friend Brian wears a Fitbit and an Apple watch, primarily as he loves the comradery in our group challenges. It's actually kinda common to wear two watches, there's a term for it; double-wristing and sometimes called double-timing. Even 2 watches on one hand fall under those terms. Lots of people wear two watches. Why not download a Bluetooth scanner and search for your little friend? You may be surprised at how effective they work. Flex is nice but it's not pocket-based. No, they're not manufactured anymore but they're everywhere, I seem to have acquired a ridiculous number of them. Unfortunately, it's not going to fit your needs as it goes on your wrist. Try the Bluetooth scanner, let us know how it works out. 🙂 

Williger_0-1627358233355.jpeg

Best Answer

Love my Fitbit zip but the plastic plate that covers battery is not robust enough and crack and break after a short time of use and no chance of new part

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Wigtonboy67  you try rigging up one? My friend buys silicon covers from Amazon in a variety of colors, so that could cover your taped up back piece. You'd be amazed at some of the rigged up Fitbits out there. Let us know what you do with yours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wigtonboy67 maybe you choose to believe there's no chance, me, I create mine 🤠

My Fitbit Zip is Working Again!My Fitbit Zip is Working Again!3D Recreation of Fitbit ZIP Tool3D Recreation of Fitbit ZIP ToolRecreated 3D Fitbit ZIP BackRecreated 3D Fitbit ZIP Back

Best Answer

@Williger  3d printing - not bad at all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Odyssey13  What is the optional clip?  I have several folks that want a clip on so I am definitely interested in the option you suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just ordered a Fitbit inspire 2 which has an option of a clip

Robbo
Best Answer

Hi @Lindap198  exactly what @Wigtonboy67 posted - the Inspire 2 can be worn with an optional clip. You just need to tell the Fitbit when it's on the clip and when it's on your wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anything other than the Inspire 2 that can be work on a clip?

How does anyone find the right FitBit for themselves on the FitBit website?

I have 2 Zips and finally neither of them will reliably connect with the battery.  Tweaking the contacts is no longer helpful.

One is over 5 years old, the other somewhat newer (I got it as a backup when they were still available).  I currently am using a thin nickel shim to make it work, temporarily

I do not do watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have just bought inspire 2 and I am pleased with it .zips we’re my first choice but the battery covers were not robust enough .

Robbo
Best Answer
0 Votes