Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is zip being discontinued? Having a hard time finding it to buy.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm interested in buying a zip since my one died and it's being discontinued. I'm having a problem finding it online. Is it also being discontinued?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Odyssey13@Ozzie65 thanks for your input here!

@SunsetRunner, @Goatpi currently the One in Charcoal in on back-order in the Fitbit.com US site. Lime and Magenta are in stock. There are no plans to discontinue the Zip in Charcoal at this time, however, some of the other colors may no longer be available in certain regions in the upcoming months. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

@SunsetRunner  I have seen the Zip in local authorized retailers such as Target, Walmart and Kohls. Staples and Best Buy may have them, but I haven't been in those stores lately to look.

Checking online, Target and Kohls both have them in stock. You may want to see which one has a sale.

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
Neither kohls nor target have the zip in store in my area. Target does not have any to ship although kohls does. Stock seems low everywhere so I'm still concerned that it is also being discontinued.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  a friend of mine loves her little Zip. I'm not sure what's going on, but with Fitbit, there is always something better around the corner.

Might need to find an extra Zip for my friend, just in case...

Best Answer

Sadly after some research this is a theory that many people are having i mean just LOOK at the comment section and whilst FitBit has not made this clear many people believe they will be discontinued and if any FitBit team is reading this we love zip so how 'bout a zipXL and if your going to discontinue zip then TELL US!!! but yes they are most likely being discontinued not positive but most likely yes.

R.I.P ZIP (only lasted 5 days XD XD XD XD) (get it?) (look in comments)

Best Answer

Hi @Goatpi - While I certainly can't speak for Fitbit, Zip's are still on sale on the Fitbit store. The charcoal grey trackers are on back order, but they are accepting orders. The other 2 colors are available for immediate shipment. The Zip has been around for a while, so maybe an upgrade is coming down the pike, but I do think that there will continue to be some type of Zip available - Zip 2? Again, only my opinion. 

Best Answer

@Goatpi, @SunsetRunner, @Odyssey13 - I just happened to notice that Amazon has the charcoal Zip available for immediate delivery... Just wanted to mention it. Have a great day 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks @Ozzie65  I just got one yesterday at Target. Can't hurt to have a back up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very true!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13@Ozzie65 thanks for your input here!

@SunsetRunner, @Goatpi currently the One in Charcoal in on back-order in the Fitbit.com US site. Lime and Magenta are in stock. There are no plans to discontinue the Zip in Charcoal at this time, however, some of the other colors may no longer be available in certain regions in the upcoming months. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

any new information on if the Zip is discontinued?  says its on back order..only 1 color shows here.  Amazon had some but from weird sellers at double MSRP! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Be prepared to pay $48 a year in battery replacements, if my experience is any measure.

Best Answer

@Pgville  battery power depends on how often we sync, too.

As for batteries, a friend of mine gets her Energizer button batteries from Amazon and pays $4.25 for a pack of ten. I've used them too and the batteries are just fine.

Best Answer

Just bought one online at Kohl's.  Also available on Amazon.

Best Answer

Zips have been around for a long time. I don’t think Fitbit is killing them any time soon.

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an FYI, you may want to check the Forum discussion on ZIP battery life being affected by the software update last week. It's great that Fitbit is finally addressing this, however I was going through batteries fairly quickly before that last update. I buy my batteries at Batteries Plus because of issues of old batteries being sold on Amazon.

Best Answer

Hello @Pgh007

I was aware of the software update and battery life, but hadn't known of battery issues on Amazon. Thanks for sharing that with us. Seems I'll have to let my friend know that not all batteries are equal.

Keep on stepping!

Best Answer

check Kohl's online..just ordered two and received them yesterday

Best Answer

I hope they don't discontinue it because I can't wear the wristband ones and the zip is the only other option. 

As for those buying several in case they discontinue - I used to have a fitBUG, and they discontinued pc synching too with NO NOTICE when they discontinued it.  So I had a perfectly working useless tracker.   For that reason I'd never buy multiples, even if I hope FitBit wouldn't do the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What they really need to do is update the case of the zip. I finally ran out of them again a few months ago, because the case clip is poorly designed and it keeps breaking! It lasts about 3-4 times of clipping on clothing before the tip breaks off. Make the clip out of something non breakable. We should not have to keep buying the case over and over again. Aggravating.

Best Answer