Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is zip being discontinued? Having a hard time finding it to buy.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm interested in buying a zip since my one died and it's being discontinued. I'm having a problem finding it online. Is it also being discontinued?

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Hi @Ambug - Just my opinion, but I suspect that is what will happen. Many people really prefer clip on trackers, so I doubt that Fitbit would completely discontinue the Zip. We won’t know until something is announced. 

Best Answer

We too are having a hard time finding a zip. Both my wife's and mine are burning through batteries every couple of days. We figured it was just time to replace both. Cannot find them anywhere... target, Best Buy, dicks sporting, etc... cannot even find them on line other than an Amazon reseller selling them for double the normal price. Even the Fitbit online store does not have them. For now we are just using the IPhone step tracking app but would prefer another Fitbit! 

Best Answer

Hi @Peteri - I note that the Fitbit store is still accepting orders, though they are back ordered. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey thanks for the response. I looked yesterday at the Fitbit site and it just said product is back ordered. At least now I just looked and it states backordered for 6-8 weeks. At least that gives us some idea as to when they may be in. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the battery companies will support the Zip. It eats batteries at an alarming rate!
Best Answer

Just recd. one thru Amazon.

They list dif. prices.  Mine was 'bout $89.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently, there are issues with with battery life.  I just contacted Fitbit and the response was, "Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working hard to resolve it as soon as possible." 

In the meantime, I am spending a small fortune on batteries.  Very disappointed.

@Pgville wrote:
I think the battery companies will support the Zip. It eats batteries at an alarming rate!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This burning through batteries was also happening to me until I turned off the continuous updating of "All-Day Sync".  Now by updating manually several times a day (eg after meals and after inputting exercise such as biking) the batteries are lasting a very long time..

Best Answer

I too am having a hard time finding any stock for the Zip. I've had mine for 2 years now and since the latest firmware update it hasn't been able to sync with Bluetooth. I have to use the USB dongle to my pc. As for the battery, I've turned off all day sync and only sync my fitbit every 5 or so days. It stores the history in the zip and my battery lasts about 6 months. (I get those and new cases on Amazon) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought one on the Fitbit site for $59. The fact that they are no longer supplying stores is very suspicious they will discontinue it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @Gymgal7 and @Vickymrp@Vickymrp As mentioned before by @KateFitbit, there are no plans to discontinue Zip. You can look for a Fitbit retailer near you in our Retailers Page

I really appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you already took @Gymgal7 Are you still having syncing difficulties with your tracker? If so, please follow these tips on the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I just purchased mine from FitBit online for half the price of Amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner! Thanks for sharing the name of authorized retailer where you purchased your Zip.

As mentioned before, there are no plans to discontinue the Zip. You can get your Zip at our store, Fitbit.com/store and at our authorized retailers

Catch you later! 🙂 

Best Answer

I'm so happy to know that Fitbit ZIP is NOT being discontinued. I wonder if it is being updated instead, thus possibly the reason it is not in stores right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @SunsetRunner! I'm happy to know that you have all this interest in our Fitbit Zip. Zip last software update was 6 months ago and there are no plans of another right now and, at the moment we don't have any information about a new clip tracker. 

Regarding the availability of Zip, we are not stop selling it and you can always find it in Fitbit Store if our retailers are momentarily out of stock. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit zip is slowing dying.  Uses battery faster than ever and the back cover slot is weakening and I use my battery cover opener all the time. I cannot find one on your site or at Fitbit store.  Amazon had 1 for 150 which I just can't afford.  

Is there anywhere to purchase a replacement one at a reasonable price? I love my zip!

I see ones on eBay from China but they are different colors and I am not sure they are genuine since I don't remember those colors being an option.  

I would rather a Genuine Fitbit zip.  If you can confirm the new blue and white ones from China are genuine fitbit, I can replace my current faultering zip with one of these.  Please advise and I appreciate your help.

Best Answer

Hi @katmandu127  There are some Zips on eBay, but it's hard to tell if you're getting the real device or a knock off. Have you seen the Inspire line, which replaced the Zip? The Inspire can be purchased with an optional clip to wear, much like your Zip. You might want to check into that.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of 2 months ago, Amazon suppliers have Zips.

Best Answer
0 Votes