Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues since the latest update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone experienced problems with the Zip arising since the latest update?  I loaded that update about a week ago (approximately on 1-7-16).  First my battery immediately went dead.  New battery installed.  Dead within a day.  Third battery and it seemed to be working normally again.  But since that time the Zip seems to cancel the day's information periodically at random times, at which point it will show incorrect time.  But then the time reverts back to correct time, with step and distance readings at zer, wiping out the day's prior activity reading..  I've checked that the Zip is current, and reset it more than once but this does not resolve the probems.  Add to these zip problems, whenever I go to Fitbit connect, the system tells me that I have to sign in as more than one device is nearby...but there are no other Firbit devices anywhere near the dongle.   I never had any issue with this Zip until I loaded this update into my system.  Since then the thing has gone crazy.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @Packardman1351 @mh123 @StumpedAgain @nacyanne! @Packardman1351This sounds to me more like an issue with the battery contacts inside your Zip, please verify that there is proper contact. When the battery become loose inside, this causes a lot of reboots, issues with the time and other troubles.

@mh123 Remember that manually logging activity overrides your tracker's data, we only recommend doing this for non step based activities and for the ones that requires more than steps like yoga, you can learn more about this at our help article. If you still feel that your Zip is not recording properly, please restart your tracker and keep an eye on its behavior. Additionally, I suggest checking our help article about Zip's accuracy

@StumpedAgain We really appreciate your feedback! If your Zip is having trouble to sync as it should, please try restarting it. The tracker should be recognized easily as long as the requirements are met and this troubleshoot should do the trick. 

@nacyanne Are you manually logging activities? As I mentioned before this can cause a reduction in your steps since it overrides your tracker's data, please check the articles hyperlinked above to learn about this. If your are not manually adding activities and you are still seeing a reduction in your steps amount, please restart your tracker, keep an eye on it and let me know if anything weird comes up. 

Keep me posted, I'll be around! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I am reativley new to zip and am encountering problems. The other day my zip just stopped syncing. I had to resync. Today I synced and was over 10,000 steps with some of my activity in the intense range. I logged on my food/exercise and when I returned to my dashboard it read under 7,000 steps and erased my intense exercise. It also went from reading under my calories for the day to over...which I am not. Do you know who we talk to about this?

Sorry to hear about your issues. I like the fitbit concept and syncing abilities. This is bumming me out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just downloaded the latest software and although my zip is the only one in the house and since I do not have a smart fone, I need to sync thru the pc but it tells me it sees more than one tracker and I have to log into my account in order to sync.  In addition the latest software update would not take my original password which was 7 characters and I had to make a new one with at least 8.  Suposedly this update was to make life easier, but whose life? Not mine.  Anyone out there with a fix?

Best Answer

I am havng the same issue,  Over 11K steps and when I synced it was only 4284.  At one point my fitbit displayed zero after the sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Packardman1351 @mh123 @StumpedAgain @nacyanne! @Packardman1351This sounds to me more like an issue with the battery contacts inside your Zip, please verify that there is proper contact. When the battery become loose inside, this causes a lot of reboots, issues with the time and other troubles.

@mh123 Remember that manually logging activity overrides your tracker's data, we only recommend doing this for non step based activities and for the ones that requires more than steps like yoga, you can learn more about this at our help article. If you still feel that your Zip is not recording properly, please restart your tracker and keep an eye on its behavior. Additionally, I suggest checking our help article about Zip's accuracy

@StumpedAgain We really appreciate your feedback! If your Zip is having trouble to sync as it should, please try restarting it. The tracker should be recognized easily as long as the requirements are met and this troubleshoot should do the trick. 

@nacyanne Are you manually logging activities? As I mentioned before this can cause a reduction in your steps since it overrides your tracker's data, please check the articles hyperlinked above to learn about this. If your are not manually adding activities and you are still seeing a reduction in your steps amount, please restart your tracker, keep an eye on it and let me know if anything weird comes up. 

Keep me posted, I'll be around! Woman Wink

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Since I did the app update yesterday my Fitbit would not sync on phone, iPad, or computer! I finally got to sync but now battery is saying it is dead! The battery is 3 weeks old and I have checked all contacts and everything is fine! My zip is only 1.5 months old. This seems to be a software issue with the app not the device itself! I even tried two other batteries that were new and they all said dead on the screen!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit and verified it was defective and are sending new device.  I had never manually added step related activites until this occured, so I doubt that has anyhtong to do with the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't find any problem with the battery contacts so that does not seem to be the issue here.  But even if it were the case in terms of the Zip zeroing out, it does not explain the issue of the site advising that there are more than one tracker nearby when that is not the case.  As the string shows here. I am not the only one experiencing this.  It seems that there would be no other explanation but for some problem with the update, given that has never happened in the past.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Kluff! This seems like an odd situatiom is your Zip's screen showing this?

zip low battery.jpg

If this is not the case and only your Dashboard is showing a low battery warning, it's best to restart your tracker and make sure we have proper contact between the tracker and its battery. 

Thank you for keeping us posted with your resolution @nacyanne, I am glad to hear our Customer Support team was able to get you back on track. 

Please accept my apologies for this matter, we have been encountering some syncing incidents, but the good thing is that our latest update has not caused any of the problems described above. However, I'd like to offer a quick workaround: if you are syncing through a cellphone; please sync through a computer and viceversa.  Keep me posted on this and I'll be glad to further assist you on this matter. 

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
Since updating my Fitbit this evening it has reset & lost the data & it isn't midnight yet! You trying to tell me this is not related to the update?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @missymac welcome to the Community! If the data was reset from the tracker the app is not related to this. Which can be affecting the behaviour of your tracker is the battery loosing contact. 

Please verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed at our help site

Once you have followed my recommendations above, keep an eye on your tracker's behavior. In case the issue persists, don't hesitate contacting support. I'm sure they will be glad to investigate and evaluate your case. 

Let me know how it goes. Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I checked the battery contact & it was fine. However when I put the battery back in the numbers 5 86 started appearing on screen, so I restarted it again & the fairly new battery appeared dead, as did the new battery I tried replacing it with. I have not had any problems such as this in the 11 months I have owned my Fitbit. Now there is no life in my Fitbit whatsoever.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following my recommendations @missymac. It's normal that you see the firmware version every time you restart your tracker. However, this is not the expected behavior for Fitbit Zip, as mentioned before, the best step is contacting support.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes