Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About a month ago, I replaced the battery in my fit bit.  Today I realized I hadn't synced my steps to my work healthcare program.  When I synced, it showed everything as 0.  I had just looked at my fitbit before that and have occasionally since I replaced the battery and it was tracking my steps just fine.  I looked for a solution, found one that suggested to remove the battery to reset it.  It said no data would be lost so I felt that would work.  When I put the battery back in, and synced, it showed today's steps correctly but all of the days previous still showed 0.  Is there any way to retrieve that data?  I am not able to just log the work out information to get credit for this for my insurance program, I actually have to have the step totals in there.  It is getting old, I started using it in 2013, and I've noticed the battery seems to drains quickly.  It was full this morning before syncing but after syncing the battery said it was almost dead  As I mentioned before this battery is only a month old so way too soon for it to be dying!  I would appreciate any help I can get with this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for stopping by @Meolgiga! This sounds odd. To ensure that your tracker is working properly please restart it. While you have it open check the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:zip.png

Also, check this tips to solve syncing issues

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting it is what caused the issue.  I restarted it multiple times trying to get it to "remember" the data that was lost.  It never did.  I did check the battery compartment and it looked fine, but I did try to pull it out a little more to be sure it was snug against the battery.  It will still occasionally give me the low battery message on the fitbit or the app on my phone, not always at the same time - my fitbit will not be showing the low battery icon but the app still thinks it's low after syncing, or vice versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Meolgiga! To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes