Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Fitbit Zip due to faulty clip, yet Fitbit won't help

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yet they won't do anything about it.

I've had a Fitbit Zip for less than a month, and on Friday I noticed the clip starting to protrude through the rubber. I have done nothing out of the ordinary with my Zip, I clip it on to my trousers at the start of the day, and take it off of my trousers at the end of the day. I noted that I needed to look into replacing the case at the weekend.

Anyway, after work that same day I get home, only to find my Fitbit missing. I can only assume that the clip fully gave way and the Fitbit dropped onto the floor and somebody has taken it. So today I go onto my account and notice that my Zip is no longer paired with my account. I live chat with Fitbit support and they tell me it's been registered to a new email address, but can't tell me which address, and won't contact the new email address on behalf of me.

So not only is my Fitbit stolen due to a defective clip, but they literally know who stole it yet won't do anything about it. Annoyed isn't the word, dreadful customer service.

And now to top it off, this is the second time I've posted this topic, as the first one was marked as spam a minute after posting it...

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @tiotom92! It's nice to see you here. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your Zip inquiry.

I'm sorry to hear about your Zip. As @Odyssey13 mentioned has a very strict policy of not disclosing their users information. 

I think your security system could be really useful. You can vote for the idea Brick (or deactivate) a lost device

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your ideas.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @tiotom92

Sorry this happened to you, but privacy laws do prevent Fitbit from telling you who is now using your Zip. Fitbit doesn't reveal anyone's email address or personal information.

To be fair, you don't know your Zip was stolen. It fell off your clothing and someone picked it up.

There's not much Fitbit can do and I'm sure your local police would tell you the same.

It's a shame someone felt the need to keep what they found, but it happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Odyssey13 wrote:
To be fair, you don't know your Zip was stolen. It fell off your clothing and someone picked it up.

Finding a Fitbit on the floor, taking it, and registering it to your email address is stealing, are you seriously trying to tell me otherwise?

There's not much Fitbit can do and I'm sure your local police would tell you the same.

There's a lot Fitbit could do actually, but from what I've read on here they just don't seem to want to.

A. They could easily implement a basic security system whereby they email you to confirm that you want to unpair your Fitbit with your account. Then nobody would bother stealing one as they wouldn't be able to use it. It really is that simple.

B. They could actually demonstrate good morals by co-operating with the police. I've got the serial number, I've got all the evidence that I am the owner of the device, and Fitbit have got the email address of the thief. Of if they weren't willing to do that then at the very least they could email the thief and ask them to hand it in if they have found my lost device.

C. They could ship their product with a clip that lasts for more than 3 weeks of normal use. That's not really an unfair request now, is it?

D. They could offer a refund for selling a product not fit-for-purpose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @tiotom92! It's nice to see you here. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your Zip inquiry.

I'm sorry to hear about your Zip. As @Odyssey13 mentioned has a very strict policy of not disclosing their users information. 

I think your security system could be really useful. You can vote for the idea Brick (or deactivate) a lost device

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your ideas.

Best Answer

This is nonsense. This is a design flaw on the part of fitbit.  I own a Zip and a One. BOTH have the exposed painful prongs. 
Fitbit is responsible  for designing a safe , functional product. 
These two items are now discontinued. I am NOT going to eBay to spend mote of my hard earned money.

fitbit needs to replace these defective items.  
I am filing a formal complaint and you can too. Go to Terms and Conditions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are you talking about? If the zip was dropped and someone “picked it up”and took ot, it is stolen.  Whoever picked it up KNOWS it is not their  property and belongs to someone else. This is taking someone else’s personal property for your own use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes