Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Fitbit Zip

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is the second time I have lost my Fitbit Zip. I already got in touch with Customer Service. I don't want 25% off another device I want a free replacement.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @Vonne1

Sorry you lost your Zip. Have you checked all around the house?

The warranty on these devices doesn't cover those that are lost. A discount of 25% is pretty generous under the circumstances.

Why not take advantage of the offer and get another device. Maybe one that goes on the wrist would be better for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Welcome to the forums @Vonne1

Sorry you lost your Zip. Have you checked all around the house?

The warranty on these devices doesn't cover those that are lost. A discount of 25% is pretty generous under the circumstances.

Why not take advantage of the offer and get another device. Maybe one that goes on the wrist would be better for you.

Best Answer

I haven't lost my fitzip as of yet, but the little container that it's in (hitches to shorts, pants, whatever) seems a tad loose.  Was sitting on the couch (LOL)just right & the fitbit came right out! TYG I saw it.  A little over 2 weeks seems a tad    short on life length of the attcher-ment.   Am I alone in this.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @gram2seven

You try putting it inside your bra?

Is there a way to put something in the container so that it is more secure?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I lost my Fitbit. I have a new one, it need to know how to delete the old and add the new one!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Hellmarc

Set it up as a new device on an existing account.

Best Answer
0 Votes
 I'm replying to a message that was in my mail but NO message. lol.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband's Zip was lost for a few hours today.  I finally found it under the seat of our car.  I wish that they would make a "tether strap" for the ZIP.  We have an old pedometer that has one.  Sure wish they would make one for the ZIP!

JSWolck
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK still haven't found my Christmas present fitbit HR from last yr that I lost in summer.  But today I got an email indicating I'd requested a password change.  I did not request it.  Does this mean someone is attempting to use my fitbit HR ?  I'm incredibly sad I lost it (probably in Tswassen area) since I'm a Sr. and can't afford another one.   Just concerned now about the password request.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @charzie1

These devices pair to the email address, so it's probably best for you to contact customer support at this link - click

There is a phone number for the USA, an online chat option and web based email for those out of the area.

Keep us informed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I had bothered to contact Fitbit when I lost my Fitbit One. 25% off is a great offer. I just sucked it up and bought myself a new one sans discount because it was my fault I lost mine in the first place. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly, I just can't afford a new HR at this moment... sure did love it though!
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I delete an existing zip fitbit on my account and add a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @goosestepper

Follow the directions here - click - to do that.

Keep on stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They also need to develop a tether for the FitBit Zip that my husband has. He doesn't like "wrist things!" 😞 I love my Charge 2.

He is very careful with it but it falls off occasionally, often while getting out of our car.

Joan Wolckenhauer

Sent from my iPad Air 2
JSWolck
Best Answer
0 Votes

I called support 2/16/17 and was not offered any discount nor a free one.  I've purchased 2 for my family and I've bought 2 for myself over the last 2 years - no offer, just "sorry".  Fitbit offers no tracking, if someone finds your fitbit they can take it and set up an account.  After spending $400 on fitbit ones, I'm done with fit bit.  I really do like the tracking and social media aspects, but they are just too expensive and too easy to lose, and Fitbit is not willing to discount nor track your device if reconnected to an account, so I guess I will research another tracker or just use my iphone.

Best Answer

"Fitbit offers no tracking, if someone finds your fitbit they can take it and set up an account."  Same experience that we had. This is a stunning stance for Fitbit to take. It would be so easy for them to incorporate the features that other bluetooth trackers use. I cannot believe that any thinking person who has the slightest sense of justice would come up with a policy that actually encourages people to keep a Fitbit they found rather that come up with a way for them to return. Please join me in making sure this policy is challenged. #FitbitCondonesStealing

Best Answer

Ok so how do we join?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@blag wrote:

Ok so how do we join?

I guess I need your help. I've not yet found how to create a topic on this forum for  "Users who object to Fitbit's lost and found policy" How can we as a group of users who find this unacceptable unite our voices enough that a high enough level at Fitbit would respond? I can't believe an intelligent, rational minded person with any sense of justice would set a policy like this. My feeling is that so far the customer support team is just blindly following marching orders. The issue of not revealing personal information keeps coming up but I can't see that these suggestions violate that:

1. Do not allow a Fitbit that has been reported as lost to be paired to a new account

2. Notify a user who is trying to pair a known lost Fitbit that it has been lost and offer to provide a prepaid envelope to return it to Fitbit.

3. Even go so far as to allow users who have lost a Fitbit to post a reward for it's return, all done annonymously 

4. Program the Fitbit app and devices to work like the other bluetooh trackers on the market. Users could opt in to help other users if they loose their Fitbit. Imagine at the airport a notification pops up "A Lost Fitbit has been spotted near you" It would be a fun game to play - Find the Fitbit! If there were rewards it would motivate players and unite a community of Fitbit users. Instead we have a dark and almost criminal community that encourages people to essentiall steal a Fitbit.

Can you or anyone out there come up with a way to get someone at Fitbit who actually cares to listen and implement change?

Best Answer

FYI, Fitbit will not help, even if they know who has your lost device.

Best Answer
0 Votes