Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Fitbit devices on one account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello, I love my Fitbit HR but I really miss my pretty watches. I was wondering if I were to purchase the clip on and only use the HR when I workout, will it sync to one account for accurate stats? TIA
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Yes it will!  I do this...just posted on another thread in the Blaze forum.

For example, I went to an all day wedding event, lots of dancing and steps.  I did not want to wear my Blaze with my spring dress ....talk about a Glamour Don't lol!

I clipped my Zip to my bra strap and got credit for all those steps.  I just make sure to sync before and after I switch to the other device.  Not sure you must do this but it is just a check I do to make sure everthing thing counted.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
Awesome!! Thanks so much for the quick response! I'm a bit of a fashionista and the Fitbit look was killing me but I love the stats! Will pick up a zip right away! Thanks again!

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that you bought the Zip @Monty13 Woman Very HappyTo ensure that the Fitbit dashboard continues to serve its purpose--providing a holistic and actionable view into your daily activity and goal progress--we designed the multitracker feature for customers who want to wear different trackers at different times of day or night. With multitracker you can count on a dashboard that accurately and seamlessly tallies your (for example) day's steps from Flex, your evening run and cool-down walk from Surge, and your sleep record from the tracker you find most comfortable at night. Our research and testing found that potential customers were interested in wearing trackers simultaneously only if doing so provided more features than a single tracker, which is not the case with Fitbit trackers. No combination of trackers is more helpful or accurate than a single tracker. 

So while there's no benefit to wearing trackers at the same time, we wanted to make sure that if a customer forgot to take a tracker off before putting on another we could still present the most accurate information possible on the dashboard. We do that by running algorithms that reconcile the overlapping data according to certain criteria. For example if one of your trackers has GPS data and the other one does not, we'll choose the GPS data when calculating your total distance since GPS is a better indicator of distance than step-counting alone. All Fitbit trackers are highly accurate when worn correctly, so prioritizing the data of one tracker over another is usually arbitrary. For best results and the most accurate dashboard, switch your trackers and remember to sync each one before removing it. If you haven’t already done so, please review this article to learn about getting the most from your multitracker account.

Lastly, if you're a person who enjoys comparing the data from two or more different trackers, we recommend creating a unique account for each tracker. Fitbit accounts are always free and you'll be able to compare dashboards. 

Happy stepping my friends @Monty13 @kerrycrow

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Yes it will!  I do this...just posted on another thread in the Blaze forum.

For example, I went to an all day wedding event, lots of dancing and steps.  I did not want to wear my Blaze with my spring dress ....talk about a Glamour Don't lol!

I clipped my Zip to my bra strap and got credit for all those steps.  I just make sure to sync before and after I switch to the other device.  Not sure you must do this but it is just a check I do to make sure everthing thing counted.

Best Answer
Awesome!! Thanks so much for the quick response! I'm a bit of a fashionista and the Fitbit look was killing me but I love the stats! Will pick up a zip right away! Thanks again!
Best Answer
Bought the zip! I interchange between it and the charge.. They sync beautifully!
Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that you bought the Zip @Monty13 Woman Very HappyTo ensure that the Fitbit dashboard continues to serve its purpose--providing a holistic and actionable view into your daily activity and goal progress--we designed the multitracker feature for customers who want to wear different trackers at different times of day or night. With multitracker you can count on a dashboard that accurately and seamlessly tallies your (for example) day's steps from Flex, your evening run and cool-down walk from Surge, and your sleep record from the tracker you find most comfortable at night. Our research and testing found that potential customers were interested in wearing trackers simultaneously only if doing so provided more features than a single tracker, which is not the case with Fitbit trackers. No combination of trackers is more helpful or accurate than a single tracker. 

So while there's no benefit to wearing trackers at the same time, we wanted to make sure that if a customer forgot to take a tracker off before putting on another we could still present the most accurate information possible on the dashboard. We do that by running algorithms that reconcile the overlapping data according to certain criteria. For example if one of your trackers has GPS data and the other one does not, we'll choose the GPS data when calculating your total distance since GPS is a better indicator of distance than step-counting alone. All Fitbit trackers are highly accurate when worn correctly, so prioritizing the data of one tracker over another is usually arbitrary. For best results and the most accurate dashboard, switch your trackers and remember to sync each one before removing it. If you haven’t already done so, please review this article to learn about getting the most from your multitracker account.

Lastly, if you're a person who enjoys comparing the data from two or more different trackers, we recommend creating a unique account for each tracker. Fitbit accounts are always free and you'll be able to compare dashboards. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am the proud and very hapy owner of the Blaze, upgrading after a year with the Charge HR.  Over the weekend syncing was not an issue but today I am at work with my Blaze & my Charge HR  is at home and the Blaze will not sync.  Do both devices need to be present to sync?  My Blaze is paired & connected to the phone so i was able to use the GPS for my lunchtime walk but I'm not able to see the activity or map in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @Louise-W Woman Very Happy! I'm glad to hear that you're having such a great time with your lovely Fitbit Blaze, yay!

Answering your question, is not necessary to have both trackers present in order to sync. I'd recommend doing the following troubleshooting:

1. Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.
  2. Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.
  3. If your tracker didn't sync, reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.
  4. If your tracker didn't sync, restart your tracker. For more information, see How do I restart my tracker?
  5. If your tracker didn't sync, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. If your tracker didn't sync, try syncing with your computer.
  7. Try turning on all-day sync so that your tracker will periodically try to sync with the Fitbit app. Note that some customers find that this feature causes the battery on their mobile device or their tracker to drain more quickly than normal.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regarding multiple Fitbit devices on one acct, older posts specify that this only works for the multiple devices that are each different model Fitbits, not for two of the same model (e.g. two Zips).  This discussion thread does not specify this limitation.  Has the limitation been removed recently?

I normally change from office clothes to athletic clothes once or twice per day and all too frequently forget to move my Zip from one outfit to the other.  Being able to have an "office clothes" Zip and a separate "athletic clothes" Zip both being downloadable into one Fitbit account would make life much simpler.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @NVGeo, hope you're doing great today Smiley Very HappyAt this time, each Fitbit.com account can track data for up to 5 different trackers. However, each tracker must be different model, meaning an account cannot have two Flexes or two Ones for example. 

Thank you for your suggestion. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community, which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. 

I've found this "Two of the same model tracker" request where you can totally vote and add your comments. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
Thank you for the tips, I have found that my Blaze intermittently synchs at work but am beginning to think this has more to do with the office wifi restrictions than the Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi  

I would have to disagree that there is no combination of trackers that provides more functionality than a single tracker, because I want to track both my heart rate (I have a Charge HR) and measure my swimming (I'll need a Flex 2).  Also, since the Charge HR doesn't support 'get up and move' notifications, if I want to get those while measuring my heart rate throughout the day, I either have to buy a new Charge 2 to replace my Charge HR or use my Charge HR + Flex 2 to get both heart rate and move notifications.  I'm really not willing to purchase 2 new trackers, so I need to hope that the algorithms you've developed to fuse the two data streams work well.  Unless, of course, you have a trade-in program for the Charge HR for a Charge 2 🙂

Best Answer

Hey my friend @XanderT, thanks for stopping by! Smiley Very Happy I feel you, my sister would love having both in one tracker since she is a swimmer who also wants to know her heart beats during this activity. 

As you may know, at the moment there's no tracker with the ability of tracking heart rate and swimming at the same time. However, we have the Flex 2 which you can definitely use while swimming and you also have different trackers which can track your HR. Have you taken a look at our newest Fitbit tracker? The Fitbit Alta HR? Smiley Wink

I recommend checking out our comparison page at https://www.fitbit.com/compare, where you can see at a glance the features that each tracker provides. 

Please let me know  if you have a question our comparison page doesn't answer and I'll be happy to get you the information you need. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi MarreFitbit,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. The new Alta HR doesn’t really fit the bill - it looks like a Charge 2 with less functionality, so if I were to get a new watch that included both heart rate and reminders to move I can’t see why I would consider anything other than the Charge 2. Unfortunately this still leaves me needing to buy a second new watch (Flex 2) for the swimming, and rolling those prices together puts me close to looking at the dark side (Apple Watch). I love the fitbit app and battery longevity, so I’ll probably just hang in limbo and count my swimming the old fashioned way, like I’ve done for the last 40 years 😛

Cheers,
-Xander
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you make the best decision @XanderTWoman Very Happy I have been using my Charge 2 and Flex 2 since last September and I definitely love them. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Enjoy the rest of your day my friend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbitThanks for the informative post..  I have found that when you sync before you remove a tracker there has to be some basic criteria... Like the Fitbit you are not wearing should be switched off or nowhere near the current Tracker you wish to sync and remove..All that is posted in the Help area is to keep the not used tracker at least 10' away.. My Fitbit One has to be at least 40' away because it still syncs from that distance and often replaces my Ionic totals with a much lower amount of steps because the One hasn't been used for a few hours... ...

Like @Rich_Laue has posted elsewhere, occasionally they get mixed up.. That happens to me.

Are there more guidelines for successful using Multi trackers.?. I have 5 trackers linked to my account and use them all for various reasons..

Also, when I was having difficulty linking my Ionic to my account I used our Windows 10 computer and can remember ticking the option "Use for Primary data" or similar.. Would that affect me an the Android and the Windows 10 computer..?

@MarreFitbit wrote:

I'm glad to hear that you bought the Zip @Monty13 To ensure that the Fitbit dashboard continues to serve its purpose--providing a holistic and actionable view into your daily activity and goal progress--we designed the multitracker feature for customers who want to wear different trackers at different times of day or night. With multitracker you can count on a dashboard that accurately and seamlessly tallies your (for example) day's steps from Flex, your evening run and cool-down walk from Surge, and your sleep record from the tracker you find most comfortable at night. Our research and testing found that potential customers were interested in wearing trackers simultaneously only if doing so provided more features than a single tracker, which is not the case with Fitbit trackers. No combination of trackers is more helpful or accurate than a single tracker. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@MarreFitbitWith trepidation I just reversed the process.  I had worn the Ionic 24/7 and hadn't used the One and Zip since yesterday. They were in the bedroom...

I replaced the Zip and One with the Ionic on the bedroom cupboard and came back to my computer area.. Over 40' away.. with the Zip and One.

The Zip had 345 steps, the One 3,489 steps and today's Ionic has 7466 steps.

Using Fitbit Connect, it knew I had multiple trackers, so I Connected twice via the login and the sync was perfect.. 7,466 steps on each.

The final test....... Sync the Blaze, which hadn't been turned on for a few days... Perfect sync and I hadn't realized I had accidentally switched the Surge on, and it to had auto synced from the computer..

So all five Fitbits have 7,466 steps and that is what I would expect to happen.. Keep the non used Fitbits away from the syncing device whether it be Phone or PC..

Edited 3 hours later.

Synced the Blaze I was wearing, steps now 7,774. Turn the Blaze off and now to bed and put the Ionic on for my sleep.. Amazing 40' away the Ionic, One and Zip all have 7,774 steps..

This just confuses me and many others because all of my Fitbits, non compatible phone and Windows 7 PC all match..Conspiracy theories now, its, Sunday, still festive season, are the servers having less "hits". I haven't missed a sync today, not even restarting the phone or Ionic.

@WendyBMaybe this post belongs in the Dashboard area...

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@Colinm39Moved to Dashboard forum

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support has told me that my ionic sync problems are caused by having the Blaze and the Charge 2 also connected to my account.. 

The Ionic has problems even when the other two devices are miles away. 

My Galaxy S8 had a OS update this week and syncing has much improved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thanks for posting.  If having multiple Fitbits on our account was causing our Ionic syncing issues why have I had a successful day yesterday. I have done nothing since I woke up. Even the testing of syncing all five Fitbits and coming up with a perfect result. Whenever I synced on the phone it responded, hence my conspiracy theory that it could be server related.

That's why I would like to receive a syncing sequencing to try and help solve this issue.

Also when I use Fitbit Connect on the Blaze, Surge and Ionic I always get the error flash up that @WendyB sees and by clicking again it syncs.. Never on the One and Zip.

Back to sleep for me....

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Support has told me that my ionic sync problems are caused by having the Blaze and the Charge 2 also connected to my account.. 

The Ionic has problems even when the other two devices are miles away. 

My Galaxy S8 had a OS update this week and syncing has much improved. 

Best Answer

Did I mention @Colinm39 that I have problems believing support on this matter? 

As for @WendyB error I can't find her post that mentions this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes