Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zip is not working after I replaced the battery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since I replaced my battery my fitbit doesn't work.  Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Are you positive the battery is not dead? Did you buy more than one battery?

If not you might want to contact support.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

@tsamms wrote:

Ever since I replaced my battery my fitbit doesn't work.  Any ideas?

Reset your Zip by:

1. Open the battery door using the battery door tool and remove the battery.
  2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.
  4. Your Zip will now be reset. You will see your tracker's version number, followed by a series of Fitbit Smilies. When you tap your tracker, you should be able to navigate through the screens as you normally would

Make sure the battery is in correctly. When I changed batteries I didn't have in just right and I had to do the above.

Hope that helps.

Best Answer
Sorry...it did not help. I just bought a new battery and should work but
the fitbit is acting like my new battery is dead.

Any other suggestions?
Best Answer

Are you positive the battery is not dead? Did you buy more than one battery?

If not you might want to contact support.

Best Answer
Thank you 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you sort this out? I've just had the same problem. i bought a new CR2025 battery as per the email but it doesn't work. i even took the battery back because i thought it might be faulty. Any ideas?

Best Answer

I'm having trouble with my zip battery door closing tightly enough to make a good connection. Try pressing hard on the battery and see if your zip turns on. If it does, then you might be having the same problem as me. I'm planning on contacting customer support directly about it because it seems like a hardware issue.

Best Answer

I just had to reply to this as I searched for this same problem. For those of you out there that are having the same problem...don't forget to take off the batteries protective paper before inserting...like I did..:-( Works great now that I did that. haha.

Best Answer

Hey hey hey @lelk, it's nice to see you around! It's good to know that your Zip is working great now! Thanks for sharing this tip! 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!  

See you around, enjoy your 2016! Heart

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Many thanks for that. I removed the protective paper on the battery and my fitbit zip works again.

Thank you so much!

Best Answer

I have noticed the battery terminal on the side will sometimes get bent back. You can get a small object in there and bend it back out and it will make connection with the battery again.

Best Answer

Hey hey @076252 thanks for the tip! In case you feel that the battery contact is not longer working properly, I recommend contacting support so they can evaluate your case and options! We want you to have a great Fitbit experience.

See you around! Woman Wink

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey hey @076252 thanks for the tip! In case you feel that the battery contact is not longer working properly, I recommend contacting support so they can evaluate your case and options! We want you to have a great Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit zip also did not appear to be working after changing the battery.

It must have been a bad connection because it did work when I manually pressed the battery down hard.

To keep it 'pushed down' I put a penny on top of the battery and was able to close it. Seems to be working fine, and it's tough to beat a 1 cent fix.

Best Answer

Hey @brdaverick welcome to the Forums! Sometimes the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing. Please verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing.

If the issue persists, I recommend contacting support so they can further investigate and evaluate your case. I'm sure they will be glad to help. 

Best Answer

Looks like alot of people are having problems with their Zip. Mom just siad she put a new batery in and hers will not work. Said everything seems to be in place as far as the electronics are concerned. Any ideas....?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, in this case I recommend contacting support so they can investigate and evaluate her options. We appreciate your feedback! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was the paper.  Duh...  It's working fine now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @TJ16! I'm glad to hear you were able to sort out the problem with your Zip.

If you ever encounter anything odd, do not hesitate in letting us know. Smiley Wink

Happy stepping! Heart

PS: Have you checked our Discussion Boards? They are full of fellow fitbitters like you Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Follwed instructions provided and it is still not working. Not syncing at all and changed battery two weeks ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes