Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zip is not working after I replaced the battery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since I replaced my battery my fitbit doesn't work.  Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
66 REPLIES 66

thank you !!  yes it was the paper.   i feel dumb, but glad its working now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Penny fix worked!

@brdaverick wrote:

My fitbit zip also did not appear to be working after changing the battery.

It must have been a bad connection because it did work when I manually pressed the battery down hard.

To keep it 'pushed down' I put a penny on top of the battery and was able to close it. Seems to be working fine, and it's tough to beat a 1 cent fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having the same problem with my fitbit zip after changing the battery.  My fitbit is fairly new.  I changed the battery and nothing happened.  I tried another battery and still nothing.  I tried pressing the battery without putting the cover on it.  The zip worked this time.   It seems several folks have been having the same problem.   What is fitbit doing to correct this malfunction?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I began my day @4:45a.m. with my old Fibit.  I synced my information as usual using the old Fitbit .  Of course the steps were correct the miles were correct, but the calories burned showed an extremely high number. (1877 calories burned.  the steps were 1,094 and the miles were 0.41.)  I then replaced my replacement zip wit the battery that is good. I received this week.  I followed all of your directions, however my new fitbit showed all zeros with a smiling face.  How do I Fet the new zip to record what the old zip had with the correct calories burned?  Fitbitie Jean

I am waiting for suggestions also.

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have just replaced the battery. The fitbit didn't work. Put some plastic inbetween the battery and the casing and it started to work....BUT....the distance has gone to zero however everything else is incorrect. The time, steps and calories are all the same figures as when I synced it last night before the old battery died. Took battery out and tried another after waiting for a minute. Same result. Brand new batteries.

Any ideas? It's also decided to sync yesterdays figures onto todays when I haven't done any... agh!

Moderator edit: Format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Put a penny on top of the battery. The door won't close as well but you can force it. It worked for me!
Best Answer
0 Votes
The battery isn't in place tight enough. This is a hardware issue. Force a penny between the battery and the battery door. This worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had this problem too - the penny works!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@scruffton@ggjma5@rfarrell@User161616 thanks for joining us! By what you guys are describing it made me think that the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing of your Zip trackers.

You might want to verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing.

The process can be followed here. Let me know if it works! Cat Tongue

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

The message re: "right side (+) up worked for me.  However the time reads 0629 & it is 1600 currently, PST.  any other thoughts.  Maybe it will reset tonight after the time "fall back"???

Thanks..........

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jonju welcome to the forums! Make sure you are using a 3V coin battery, CR2025. Then I suggest a restart:

1. Open the battery door using the battery door tool and remove the battery.
  2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.

Verify that your timezone settings are correct and then force a sync. Let me know how it goes! Cat Very Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Many thanks 07652, you solved my problem. I just wish I would have researched this forum before I purchased another one. At least I didn't pitch it. I now have a spare.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Greetings sir, @RAF2736! Please let me know what's the issue you're currently experiencing with your tracker so that I can further assist you! I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

that solved my problem!  thank you!

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @2602! Thanks for letting me know this worked for you. Reading that was like a ray of sunshine indeed! Smiley Happy Heart 

I invite you to vote and mark the post that helped you as an Accepted Solution. In that way, the solution will be highlighted for other users who are also experiencing the same. 

On a different note, I encourage you to visit our Discussions section in the Community. In there you'll find lots of interesting topics and you'll make hundreds of Fitbit friends. Hope to see you around more often! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You were exactly right lelk!

I was looking at the + side, making sure it was pointed away from the Zip, only to miss the sticker on bottom. Easy to do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Eberhart thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community! 

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions Section in the forums. In there you'll find lots of interesting topics and I'm sure you'll make hundreds of Fitbit friends. Hope to see you around more often! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Thanks for the great tip the photos helped a lot 👣Off to get some more steps 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys.  I have I think the same problem. After replacing battery the first day works fine then after that it says "batt low" , I replace it after retrying to make it work and it keeps giving the same thing with new battery but also doesn't load my steps or takes forever to update my cell phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrsOcallaghan glad to hear that! The warmest of welcomes to you. Hope to see you around more often. Smiley Happy Happy stepping!

@Nam71429 Thanks for joining us in this thread! By what you are describing it made me think that the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing of your Zip.

You might want to verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed here.

Let me know if it works! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes