Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Fitbit Zip and the Customer Service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use to absolutely love my fitbit zip.  But it has become nothing but a pain with not being able to sync, the battery door becoming harder to open, as well as the battery only lasting a day or two at the most.  I am tired and moving on.  But not with another fitbit device.  They are not loyal to those of us who loved the zip and want a pocket step counter and not a "watch" type device on our wrist. I am sad but Fitbit obviously doesn't care. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Inspire 2 has an optional clip to wear. You see it?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Byebyebit  Are you angry that Ford no longer makes the Pinto or that Radio Shack no longer [exists] and you love the TRS-80? Do you expect all manufacturers to permanently offer free service and support on antiquated discontinued products? Perhaps instead, embrace an attitude of gratitude that we're able to use discontinued phased out trackers we enjoy on the current app? You want loyalty from a company for something you purchased once and never paid them a penny for since. I'm interested in you having a working tracker, just trying to help you set proper expectations. If you'd like suggestions to improve yours, ask, or peruse this forum. I've posted several detailed guides on improving the battery connections, replacing and also reinforcing battery doors, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two year old fitbit inspire began having problems holding a charge then suddenly died. Looking at community, there are people having the same issure with Inspire. When it was working it  was great. Be prepared to increase the cost by $20 for a belt clip. Every year or two be prepared to purchase a new one with a new clip to fit the new model. FItbit needs to look at problems with device dying an early death. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If FItbit wants to have a charge to use their app, they need to apply an annual charge and make that known upfront. Do not set the devices to die at two years. Batteries normally last more than two years. If you want to track your exercise just use a pedometer, that clips to clothing, do not need a computer on your arm for a "watch." A device that is clipped on the body is much more accurate, but then it does not advertise the brand. 

It seems that the newer the device, the shorter the time the product works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@123emanon it's not that Fitbit is setting the devices to die at two years, it's that these devices use Lithium-Ion batteries that are rated for two years. You're probably thinking "dude you're nuts, my other device lasted longer", and certainly, many do, but in general, LiPos are 2-year batteries at best. When I began Fitbitting, I looked at it as a monthly expense; so I'll divide my purchase price by the warranty period and that's my expense. Monthly charges would add to their revenue but not at a benefit to us with older trackers still enjoying the new software. Before Fitbit I'd used SportBrain, unfortunately, they went out of business primarily as they didn't have a recurring income model; no new devices to buy and no monthly charge (SportBrain is now defunct and only operating as a patent troll last I checked). You're welcome to get a plain pedometer, doesn't hurt me any. Considering increased features and functionality in newer trackers it's unsurprising they last shorter than the older models. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the Inspire and returned it.  I couldn't figure out the screen.  It was also too small to read without my glasses. And although it had a clip it was very loose.  I loved the ZIP!!  It stayed in place on my undergarment, it seemed very accurate, it did exactly what I wanted - counted steps!  No alarms, text messages, ability to pay for my lunch, no Women's health...   just steps!  The distance was accurate too.  I drove my car the route I walked and it was always very close.  I walked our city trails and the ZIP distance was very close to the trail sign distance.  BRING BACK THE ZIP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @labmom17  as much as many loved the Zip, it's not returning. Seems fitness trackers are doing more these days than just counting steps and people seem to want it. Sorry the Inspire 2 didn't work for you. One member did say that they fastened the Fitbit to their bra, much like the Zip or One.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
I too fastened the Inspire to my undergarment. I didn't like the Inspire
for many reasons. I simply want an accurate tracker. I had a wrist step
tracker from Fitbit, and I had so many steps recorded by simply sitting in
my chair crocheting scarves. The ZIP was awesome!

Thank you,
Lorri
Best Answer