Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery drain after iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

I've merged a few posts together because we received several reports of battery draining for Zip users on iOS after the 2.39 update. Our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. Once I receive an update from them I will update this thread and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Also note, we have had reports that turning off all-day-sync has helped as a workaround and worth a try until this issue is resolved. 

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
175 REPLIES 175

I have been using the 2032 battery since my first post of 04-05-16 and zip life has been significantly improved (something in the range of three to four months).  I have not had any Zip failures due to the thicker battery and as I previously noted, the thicker battery will help reduce contact resistance between the battery and the Zip.  My battery is currently in need of replacement.  I will watch battery life and report.  And a note to Andrea, I can appreciate your reluctance to go with the 2032 battery and you probably had one of your Zip engineers claim it would not work.  Most engineers don't have the ability to think outside the box and can only report on what their numbers tell them.  Inventive thinking is what made this country great, sadly, most engineers no longer know how to think.  

Best Answer

Im so sad I have to get rid of my Fitbit and the app.  I love them but it's giving me headeaches . Is the 3rd pack of batts I get in two weeks and Fitbit says low batt   I already ck the inside metal that comes inside the Fitbit and lifted a bit to make sure the metal touches the batt.  I'm just done with it.  I'm so very sad 

Best Answer

I am getting very little time from my batteries - sometimes only a few days. Any advice or help?

Best Answer
Try the 2032 battery. Worked better for me.

Jake
Best Answer

Why is my battery not lasting more than a month?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Community @Nam71429! Please double check if you are using 3V coin battery, CR2025. It can be found wherever batteries are sold.
CR2025 Battery

Keep me posted, I'd love to help you get back on track! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, except my Zip is fairly new.  First battery only lasted 2 months, replaced it and checked the metal components...still showing low battery.  Very disappointed.

Best Answer

I got the right batt, I cleaned the inside how it says in the procedures was given now I have a worst situation. By cleaning the small spring I broke a tiny piece that was bend , ahh.  I Tony know for how long Fitbit will live now 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @Nam71429 and nice to see you here @susanjp517! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Fitbit Zip. To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Best Answer

I have the same exact problem. I've only had my zip for 4 months and it said battery low. I've replaced the batteries 6 times in the last 2 weeks and it still says battery low and doesn't sync correctly. Not worth the money for 4 months usage and all the money wasted on batteries!!

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @EgabrielIn this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like: 

zipbent.jpg

Let me know the outcome! 🙂 

Best Answer

I'm trying the 2032. The last 2025 lasted a day. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Best Answer

Let me know how the 2032 works for you. My 2025 would only last a couple of days. My first thought was that the battery was dead when it came out of the package but ghd expiration date was years in the future. The Zip has a design problem.

Moderator edit: Personal information

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same problem.  I just installed a new battery, checked both metal pieces inside and it's still saying the battery is low. 

Best Answer

When I first got my Zip over two years ago, the batteries lasted about 4-5 months. I put one in four days ago and it's dead. I put a new one THIS MORNING and it's already in the orange warning area showing half gone. I did the "bending of the prongs" and it didn't seem to help. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Five-plus year Fitbit zip user. I replaced the battery when it got low. The batteries were brand new & I checked exp date before purchase. The new battery at first showed green but in less than a day it showed as low. I replaced the new battery again with a second new battery. It immediately showed low battery signal. I have the newest iOS update & my Fitbit app is also up to date. I shouldn't have to replace the battery every day as I have not changed anything about my Fitbit routine.

Best Answer

The quality of batteries is no longer reliable.  Check out a reliable source to see which are best. My first fitbit battery for the Zip  lasted 3 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  

I did the same thing as u and but I broke it. But Fitbit fixed my problem already.  I'm so happy once I receive replacement cause I still had a warranty 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same battery issue. My first Fitbit I had for several years with no problem. This one has been a battery issue since I got it with not lasting and now the new batteries only last a day or two then show low. I have tried all the suggestions.  I'm very flustered!

Best Answer