Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New battery, dashboard says battery is low

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just replaced my battery, but the dashboard says battery is low even though I just replaced it. I took out battery and reinserted, but that did not help. Dashboard still says battery is low. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

@wenderson welcome to the forums! Thanks for sharing what worked for you. Cat Very Happy It's great seeing helpful and resourceful users just like yourself. Just as a friendly reminder make sure that your Zip has a the proper battery size to avoid any internal damage to the tracker as it runs on a replaceable 3V coin battery, CR2025. Hope to see you around more often, keep up the great work! 

@srscmayor you're very welcome! We're all happy to help here. Cat WinkHeart I'm sure your new Fitbit tracker will work great for you. Cat Tongue

Feel free to post back! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
A new battery solved the problem. Life is good.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@suezuk thanks for stopping by! It's great to know that your problem was solved by a new battery. Feel free to post back! Cat Very Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I appreciate all of your support. It is great to be part of the Fitbit community.

So great to know support is available. Thanks again.

JuanJoFitbit_0-1630329105801.png

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@suezuk it's awesome to have you as part of the Fitbit Community! You're very welcome and believe me, reading your posts was like a ray of sunshine! Cat Very HappyHeart Hope to see you around more often!

Catch you later! Cat Wink

Best Answer

I purchase my replacement batteries in bulk from Amazon, my mom and I both have ZIPs.  I have started writing on the package when I changed the battery.  When I got the low battery message on Sunday I went to put a new one in and saw I just changed replaced it September 9th!  Less than a month Battery life not good!  This is a replacement that I got back in the spring because my privious ZIP (which was just over a year old) started started randomly not counting or resetting during the day.   I have worn a ZIP for over 3 years - this is my third (I lost my first one) - and really like it but even in bulk these batteries are not cheap!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was helpful....thanks
Best Answer

@mspibb thanks for joining us! Well, I agree with you that it could be that the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing. You might want to verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed hereCat Embarassed

@suezuk I'm so glad to have helped you! Hope to see you around more often. Happy stepping!  Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mariel,

Will a 2032 cause damage to a Zip?

at first when I put in a 2032, the battery indicator was low.

it then switched to green.

my concern is that the Zip won't be able to take a lower 2025 voltage

if I switch back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @brucesharon,

The voltage on both the 2025 and 2032 are the same (3.0V).  The main difference between the two are the battery capacity (how long they'd last) and the thickness (3.2mm vs. 2.5mm).

What I'd worry about is having damaged the water resistance of the device by putting the thicker 2032 battery in the Zip, since it'd put more pressure on the plastic casing and the rubber gasket.

...and her name is Mariam.  Smiley Wink

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@brucesharon I couldn't have said it better than @PureEvil! The recommended size would be the one for the CR2025. Let us know if you have further inquires!

@PureEvil you're the best buddy! Keep up the great work here in the forums! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @suezuk! It's nice to hear back from you here in the thread. Feel free to post back if you have any other question. I'll be around!

Also, I wanted to invite you to the Discussions Section of the community. In there you'll find lots of interesting topics as well as Fitbit friends. Smiley Happy Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked at the posts and saw they were all pretty old but I'm having battery problems with my Zip that isn't corrected by any of the solutions.  I put in a new battery (checked with a meter) and it immediately shows low battery.  In less than two weeks, it's drained.  The Zip is about 3 1/2 years old.  Does this mean it's failing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Very possibly. I finally ordered a new one. It works better than ever. I ordered this one from Fitbit. The older one from Amazon. This one seems to work better. It’s also cheaper than Amazon is now.

There’s a 45 day replacement. Also, with a gold credit card, you can get a year extra warranty. Not sure if your CC is gold, AMEX also has the same option.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Thanks for the reply. I’ll check into a new one.

Larry's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know if it works better. Bruce

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes