Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registering steps or action of any kind.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I went to sync my Fitbit Zip last night, it did not register all of the steps that were recorded on the Fitbit.  It did not indicate a low battery at the time, but I changed the battery anyway, thinking that maybe it was starting to get a low charge as this sometimes happens when that is the case.  When I installed the new battery, everything lit up, but nothing is being recorded.  The steps, calories, distance, etc. are all staying at zero.  Only the time is accurate.  I even tried another new battery with the same result.

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Is nice to have you on the Community @dlittle, welcome! Smiley Happy Sometimes the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing. Lets try to fix this issue by opening the battery door of your Zip, remove your battery, ensure that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed at "Fitbit Zip Battery Issue"

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around! 

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer

Hello. This ZIP stopped working properly for the past 2 months. (It does not wake up most times when tapped throughout a day, it is usually 3-4 hours behind the time of day, it records no to little steps) I have changed the batteries 3 times, at times the 'sync on phone is spinning as though it can't find the zip... Thank you for your help.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Vigilant731 welcome to the Community! Cat Embarassed Let me know if you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app, to confirm this, please go to "How do I update the Fitbit app for iOS to a newer version?" and also, have you tried this: "Fitbit Zip Battery Issue

I'll be aware for your update! Smiley Wink

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
Hi:

Thanks for the suggestion. I had looked at that, but it seemed to be fine. I had tried resetting the Fitbit, but no luck. Next I tried going back and re-adding the device to my account. This worked and I'm back in business!
Best Answer

I'm so happy for you @dlittleSmiley LOL And thank you very much for sharing your tips, I'll provide if someone needs. In addition, let me share with you our Discussion Board where you'll find a lot of tips to hit your goals.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Enjoy your week! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I've had this same problem over the past couple of days.  I'm not sure how to go about "re-adding" my device to my account.  And I wonder if, when you did that, did it wipe out your previous progress & badges?

Best Answer

Hello, nothing works! I tried all of the new suggestions! This is very discouraging. It has been months now... It just made my day in the past to make 10,000 + steps! Now I walk even more with my busy days ... And No recording! 

*Is there anyway I can switch to the next Fitbit. The mini stick. I am happy to return "this" and pay the difference in cost. Thank you for your response. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi:

Where you go to Sync your Fitbit, there is a tab or link above "Sync Now" that says "Set up New Fitbit Device". I clicked here and then you have to log into your account. It asks if you want to add a new fitbit device or replace the existing one. I said I wanted to replace and followed the steps. I did not lose any of my previously recorded information and so far it has worked fine since. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
I'm now having problems with my meals syncing from my fitpal app to my fitbit app. Worked just fine until today. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both apps just to play it safe. Any help would be appreciated!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to say thank you the Zip Battery Issue linked fixed my problem:

Ziip would take forever to "wake up" by tapping

Workouts/steps wouldnt record to the zip (or 2% of the time)

App showed zip had full battery when synced

Best Answer

Hey guys @HillyO@Vigilant731@dlittle, @Fkyfreddie@Greenamber thanks for join us!

@HillyO, have you tried @dlittle's tips and info?. You can also find the instructions to set up your tracker as a new Fitbit device here: " How do I set up a Replacement" and no, you wont loose any of your data by following this process, because your minute-to-minute data will be stored in your tracker for up to seven days without syncing.

@Vigilant731 thanks for sharing your info, at this point I recommend to contact Customer Support, they will be more than happy to find a quick solution for you, remember to let them know all the troubleshoots
you already did. In addition let me share the Fitbit Warranty Policy and I really hope you can be back on track soon.

@dlittle thanks for sharing your tips and information with @HillyOCat Embarassed

@Fkyfreddie, sorry to hear that you are having issues syncing your food with the Fitbit app. In order to find a solutions for you, could you please let me know if you are using MyFitnessPal app? 

@Greenamber, I'm so happy for you!!!! Smiley LOL Please, don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persist.

Keep me posted guys, I'll be around.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and did the same steps as dlittle. Following and hoping someone has an answer for us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @GoJints! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip tracker. Please keep in mind that data could be lost if your tracker is not synced before replacing the battery.

However, @dlittle posted a solution for this issue. If this doesn't help, you can manually add your steps as suggested in this post

I hope this helps, catch you later! 🙂  

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Fitbit ,
I am not happy with my ZIP. The battery does not last .... my friend gave me hers and it’s the same! I do a lot of walking and moving around in Day ... so tracking my steps would be useful ! I want to track ( can’t walk around with my phone ) but can’t ... with a malfunctioning ZIP! HELP

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Vigilant731! Thanks for sharing your experience with the Fitbit Zip. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes