Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing since May 17

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip has not syn on any of my devices since yesterday May 17,2017 3:44 pm

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Any body having in trouble ? I did OVER 10,000 steps yesterday hate to loose them.

Best Answer

happens to me all the time. about ready to throw this thing away.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. Last time synced May 17th at 6:30PM. I have reinstalled and followed all the trouble shooting instructions and it still won't sync.

Best Answer

I am having issues myself.  I downloaded the new update to my iMac this morning and I cannot get it to sync up to move my info from the Zip to online.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You won't lose them; the zip records the past seven days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, yesterday I had over 3000 steps by 9 a.m. When I checked at 11, I had 0. And it said my brand new battery was dead. It wasn't. Suddenly, it was back to full but all my steps were gone. Really frustrating.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it is frustrating. My Zip has become a part of my routine and when things are working smoothly, life is sweet.

I just sent them an email with my concerns (I get a lot of “try again” messages and half the time there’s an exclamation point on my icon). Maybe if they get enough emails, they’ll wake up and fix the problem.
Best Answer

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @lejones, @mquar@debates@Strahd9, and @Natalie39! To make sure that your Zip is working as expected, please restart it. Also, you can log out from the Fitbit app or your Fitbit account and reboot your device. Once your device is up, log back in. 

If this doesn't work, you can try these helpful tips to sync your tracker again

Good luck, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Well, my fitbit is at it again. I had nearly 8000 steps. Then I synced and it shows less than 5000. This happens nearly every day and I do restart the device. It does not help. I really wish this product worked better as I do not want to wear a device on my wrist. I want to continue using fitbit as I receive points at my gym for getting my steps. But perhaps it just isn't worth it. I'm beginning to believe it is just a very poorly designed product.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @mquarIn this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

If after doing this you continue to experience the same, please let me know I'd love to help you to get back on track. 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
Check battery
I had to change battery 3 times only had the device 3months
Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted the app from my iPad and just sync with my laptop or android phone. So far it's working. If I remember correctly I started having problems when the app was updated. Of course, by tomorrow I could be proven wrong.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me sometimes. I've found deleting the Android app and reinstall has always fixed it. I do have overall problems with how long it takes to sync if I ask it to sync, like after a challenge. Sometimes I will click the all day sync on or off and it will then sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The android app works okay. It's the iPad one that doesn't.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

same here...brand new just bought and set up and I swear it's Fitbit....2nd fitbit and still not impressed!

Best Answer

Where have all the steps gone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why doesn't the moderator respond?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll probably do the same thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Beats me! Today I had over 8000, but when I synced it became 300. I made the mistake of syncing with my mac. If I use my android phone it usually works okay.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes