Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing rejected by Zip

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All DIY instructions followed and customer support contacted. So disappointing. After an hour on the phone, I was emailed replacement options. Is this a known issue? I have a droid Galaxy S4 never had issues with synching from my Zip until recently. It would be nice to know what the issue is and if there is a resolve prior to selecting a replacemnet that may end up with the same issue.

BTW Customer Support is basically a big waste of time...they make you perform all the DIY instructions all over again.

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51
Tried that, uninstalled app, turned on all permissions for the app,
restarted phone....still can't find 😐ZIP, at least now it's looking.....😁
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very unhappy, Fitbit zip will not pair with my Samsung 9plus. Both are less than 1 year old. Zip appears in my Bluetooth list but when I attempt to pair, the msg “ Couldn’t pair. Check settings for this device and try again “. I’ve followed al directions (turning off , turning on, deleting and re-installing, making sure updates are done, taking brand new battery out and even replacing it with another brand new battery. Nothing works, what can I do next other than trashing it? I do not want a watch, I like the size of the zip and the “one” I had earlier but lost it that’s too expensive now. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
Sorry, I have none. I even changed phones thinking that after the last
Fitbit update my phone was too old. Even with the new phone I got the same
results that you described. I put the zip in a drawer until I cool off! So
frustrated!
Best Answer

I selected for it to accept my location. Still does not sync. I am so frustrated with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too! Fitbit needs to wake up and fix, I don't believe there is anything
we can do about it!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it to connect a few times by removing battery, closing fitbit app,
going into app settings and force stop fitbit app, turn off wifi then
back on again, location on, install battery then open app. Manually
re-sync. This is on an LG with latest version firmware 10. It it
connects it will take a min. or so to see updated data.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, the batey doesn't remove. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all that, it still did not work for me.   I am using my old Garmin vivo smart watch now. My zip fit was a gift from an old weight program I was on, so I was using the zip fit for that program. Not now since not syncing. I will check periodically to see if it ever gets fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to have a Huawei P9, which paired with both my fitbit zip and flex devices. I recently upgraded to a Huawei P Smart 2029 and neith device will sync to it, even when sitting beside the phone. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app and the fitbits many times, and it is still not working or syncing. I don't know what else to do. Can you please help me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no suggestions! I can't believe Fitbit is not fixing the problem!
Obviously it is affecting a lot of people. I out mine in the drawer, that
is where it will stay until Fitbit fixes!
Best Answer
Sorry to say but I gave up trying to pair them. I now just use it for counting the steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  The first thing they want you to do when you call CS is to take the battery out of your fitbit.  This resets all of the counters to zero, so when you put it back in, it will sync once, but all your data is gone, so it doesn't do you any good.  Then, it won't sync again without another reboot, so by the time you have built up some data, it is locked away inside the fitbit, never to be retrieved.  Frustrating...

I was able to get it to sync by going into the devices list on the app and set it up as a new device.  During the set up process, it asks you if it is replacing another device.  Select your old zip entry.  This sets is up as a new zip and will usually sync once.  It's a pain to do this every time you want to sync, but at least you don't lose your data by removing the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes