Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Zip not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Zip users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Hi Erick,

My zip is not synching.

1. I hadn't synced for several weeks because I was on a trip.

2. My Android OS is 6.0.1

3. My devicel is a Galaxy Note

4. My carrier is verizon.

Please help soon. I need my step history. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many users of Fitbit have provided the same information you provided....to my knowledge no "fix" has been provided yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Haven't been able to sync since 8/25/17.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? I actually have a Motorola but it is a Turbo 2 and my update happened 2 weeks after my Fitbit stopped syncing.
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip stopped syncing around the middle of last month and then it removed itself from my devices and now my phone will not set the zip up again.

I am using a Galaxy S5 with android version 6.0.1

My software was updated on 8/12 toG900VVRU2DQF2.

Not sure if this has any connection but my phone has been constantly looking for it's location. It will find location and then search for location.

Hope there is a solution since I have never been able to get the

Best Answer
0 Votes
same here.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also experiencing non-sync after update... and I am an iPhone user.  Issue started yesterday, 9/12/17... pulled up app and screen would be blank.  Went into settings to update app and no change.. my phone company is Verizon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I try to sync to my laptop using the dongle, and it just recently started NOT logging some days.  Like last Saturday & Sunday, had really good days, probably most steps ever since I started using a Fitbit Zip, but no info whatsoever logged.

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Not real sure, maybe 2 months or so ago.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

1) Been happening for about 2 weeks now

2) Not using my mobile device to sync or sign in to Fitbit website to see log, but using my laptop, Windows 10

I noticed when I received an email (on my laptop) with my weekly info from Fitbit, it hadn't logged any steps for Saturday & Sunday, and I KNOW those were probably the best days as far as accumulating steps since I've started using the FB Zip.  I didn't notice what my actual FB Zip showed, it wasn't until I received the email that I noticed it wasn't logging.  Since then, it's started logging each day, not sure what the problem is/was.  I've also noticed on the website, it always says I walked approximately 10,281 more steps the current week than I did the previous week.  If my total weekly steps don't even add up to 10,000 +, how can I walk over 10,000 more?  Very confusing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just downloaded Samsung update G900VVRU2DQH2 for my Galaxy S5. This update specifically addresses the pairing issues with some (Fitbit!)  Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices. It WORKED! I have synced my Fitbit Zip with my phone on two separate occasions today with no issues. Thanks Samsung! Thanks Fitbit! 

Best Answer
How?
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the settings on your phone, look for system updates. The new update will either already  be there,  or you will need to hit the check for updates button and it should load up. Depending on what provider you are with, you might not see the update yet as I think it was just released. Keep checking,  good luck! 

Best Answer
I have a Samsung J 320A, service provided by ATT.  Cannot find or see system updates  anywhere.  Not sure what to do next. Any ideas?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! It worked too! Thank you Jay! I wish we would have been notified by the moderator about this! That's what the moderator is supposed to do.

Best Answer

@JayLatko wrote:

Go to the settings on your phone, look for system updates. The new update will either already  be there,  or you will need to hit the check for updates button and it should load up. Depending on what provider you are with, you might not see the update yet as I think it was just released. Keep checking,  good luck! 

YES!!!! Thank you Jay! Thank you for figuring out! 

Best Answer
mine still does not sych up with the Zip.  The phone sez it's up to date  .  I may have to go to the aTT place! May be they can help?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Galaxy S5 this morning and now my Zip works again. Woohoo! I'm so excited! Thanks for letting us know Jay!

Best Answer

Mine is now working as well.  After updating the Samsung, now it shows 8 other apps needing updating, and Fitbit is one of them, we'll see what happens after this update for the app.  Thanks Jay!

Best Answer

Pull down the menu from the top of your phone, there is a button in the shape of a gear on the upper right corner. Tap that and it will open your phone settings. Scroll down and system updates is the last button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no update for my Note 4 and it still doesn't work.  If I get another fitness tracker in WONT be a fitbit!  I've just about had enough of this!  They don't care about us!

Best Answer
0 Votes