Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Zip not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Zip users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  About two weeks ago.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's intern to find out)? Android Version 5.1.1
  4. AnWhat phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?  T-Mobile  

Best Answer
0 Votes

....and I thought it was me!!!   Thanks for letting us know!

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  - early to Mid-August
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy s5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's intern to find out)? Android Version 6.0.1
  4. AnWhat phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?  Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on a fix for this?  Seems like a month is a long time not to be able to use a device you have paid good money for.

Best Answer

Same for me. I just spent an hour on the phone with verizon tech support with no luck.  Fitbit already sent me another zip which doesn't work either. They acted like they didn't know about this issue. Very unhappy right now.

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? After the Aug 8th Samsung update. 
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Note 4
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon Wireless.

Verizon has been screwing around with me and blaming everything but the problem.  My last sync was Aug 7th at 7:20 pm.  I will NEVER do a system update AGAIN!  This has been a pain in the #$%.  They want me to contact Fitbit now. I am looking for HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry....my experience is the same as you described.  My provider however is T-Mobile.  If you review other people's posts about this problem I learned that fitbit is aware of the problem and working on it...which is nice but just how long will it take to figure out the work around and send it to all fitbit customers?  It sure seems it is taking more time than it should.
Larry
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone, Again, thanks for your information, at this time we have all we need. Unfortunately, we don't have an update yet, but I can assure you our engineers working on this. Once I have a response, I will update this thread. We appreciate your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  Last sync was Monday August 28
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy s5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Don't know
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000248 EndHTML:000023937 StartFragment:000022977 EndFragment:000023740 StartSelection:000022980 EndSelection:000023730 SourceURL:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Zip/Zip-not-syncing-after-Samsung-Update/td-p/2145918Zip not syncing after Samsung Update - Fitbit Community

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Not sure, about 3 weeks ago.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  LG Ultimate 2
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 4.4.2
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Tracfone
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  Last sync was August 8, 2017
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S3)
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
  4. What phone provider do you have? Verizon

Any update would be great as I did the exact same thing all these other people have done. Wish I wouldn't have unistalled the App on my phone as now, like everyone else,  My phone doesn't even recognize my zip.  SO FRUSTRATING

Best Answer

I quit using it! I have a note 4 and tried it on s5. Wouldn't pair of either.

Best Answer

I also quit using it.  If they find a patch and notify us,  I will try again.  This is not something I can control so I will wait on them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Samsung Android cell phone can no longer sync with the Zip.  I lost the dongle and cannot connect via laptop.  What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? August 9, 2017 at 2:09pm
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung galaxy prime amp 
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Cricket Wireless
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Aug 10, 2017 after my phone updated on Aug 9th.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon.

Also, an extra note that I've now tried 2 different zips. I put my husband's zip that he was using on his phone yesterday and synced it with my computer to my fitbit account and now it won't sync to my phone either.

I'm so frustrated at the customer service as I called and they wouldn't exchange it for me and would only give me a discount for a new one. I bought a new fitbit only to find this out...Why didn't they know about this on the phones???????Someone should educate them instead of wasting my money. I'm super upset 😞

Best Answer

How long does our data stay in the Fitbit Zip?  It has been over a month and time is ticking on!

This is really a bunch of c$#& that this happened. Nobody cares about us, they have our money!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible that the Zip went kablooey because Samsung is trying to sell its own fitness tracker.  It would make sense that they don't wish to support a competitor. Is this possible>?

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Unsure, dead battery for awhile.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any hope that you will get this fixed? If not I will have to invest in a different tacker from another company! We've been waiting for over a month and still no news??????

Best Answer