Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup new account for wife

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just purchased my second Fitbit Zip ( for my wife) and am wondering if I have to set up a new account or can I attach the new Zip to my initial setup account

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You'l need to set up a new fitbit account for your wife using a different email address. This is so you can provide profile settings for each of you (height, weight etc) and you can see each others step data separately.

If you try to add a second zip to your account it will just replace the original.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

You'l need to set up a new fitbit account for your wife using a different email address. This is so you can provide profile settings for each of you (height, weight etc) and you can see each others step data separately.

If you try to add a second zip to your account it will just replace the original.

Best Answer

Awesome help @SteveH! Welcome to the Forums @trump! Adding to what @SteveH stated, setting up unique accounts ensures that each person’s dashboard provides an accurate picture of daily activity.

When you create a Fitbit account you’re asked for personal information, such as height and weight, so that certain data is calculated correctly. To setup and create a new Fitbit account, take a look at the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Catch you later! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx. Steve, hopefully this will all work out,

Al

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply @trump! So good to hear that @SteveH's post helped you. Please let us know if you need further help. 

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I create a second account for my wife on my fit bit account 

Best Answer
0 Votes