Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count carried to the next day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip all of a sudden didn't reset. It's adding steps and calories burned to the previous days count. My mileage and active minutes reset but nothing else. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Sdove413, welcome aboard to our Community. I wonder how often this issue has happened? 

Most of the times this issue is related to the timezone configuration of your tracker, that cause your steps are carried to the next day. So my first suggestion, is to review your Time Settings.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account tab.
  2. Under Settings, tap Advanced Settings.
  3. Find an option to modify your time zone. 
  4. Sync your tracker:
    1. Go back to the Account tab and tap your tracker name.
    2. Tap Sync Now.

(If the time is correct try to change it to a different one, sync and then go back and change it back to the original configuration)

With the Zip, there might be a different reason for this issue. Its possible the battery is not making proper contact, causing your tracker loose your account configuration. Sometimes the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing of the tracker. So take a moment to verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker.

You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. For additional details please review this post from @Rich_Laue.

If the issue still persist, you wont see the changes immediately since this will be reflected until midnight. 

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes