Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps and calories did not reset at midnight.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning I noticed that my steps and calories from yesterday did NOT reset from yesterday. Last night it was showing that my battery was low and needed replacing. I put a new battery in this morning. That's when I noticed the steps and calories remained the same but everything else was reset. I took the new battery out (several times) to try and reset it but it has stayed the same and keeps adding as I walk today.

Is there any way to reset it to zero steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see you here @daycaresahm! I'm sorry to hear that your tracker didn't reset at midnight.  Unfortunately, at the moment you can't negate these steps. However, this is usually a one time issue. 

Since, you already restarted your Zip that is the suggested troubleshooting. Please keep me posted if this repeats again, so I can be of more help. 

Catch you later! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Nice to see you here @daycaresahm! I'm sorry to hear that your tracker didn't reset at midnight.  Unfortunately, at the moment you can't negate these steps. However, this is usually a one time issue. 

Since, you already restarted your Zip that is the suggested troubleshooting. Please keep me posted if this repeats again, so I can be of more help. 

Catch you later! 😉 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Yesterday, I had 17,000+ steps and today, while sitting nearly the whole time, I'm up to 22,000+ but with only 1.8 miles. I've taken out the battery and replaced it with a new one. Nothing has changed so no reset occurred. (Incidentally, the Fitbit app on my Android says my battery is full and the Fitbit app on my Windows computer says it is low and should be replaced. Both say they had synced "a moment ago.")

To complicate things, I suddenly have 3,000 extra calories for the day because my Zip didn't reset. How do I fix that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @SLKO! I appreciate that you have shared the troubleshooting steps you performed before posting.

As posted above, this should be a one time issue and currently is not possible to delete this data. Please give it a couple of days and if it repeats again let me know so I can assist you further.

Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes