Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The back of my Zip won't stay closed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to get the back on my FitBit to stay closed; it pops open and I lose my connection; also keeps telling my my battery is low .... I have spent almost as much money on batteries as the cost of a new one - anyone else have problem with the back staying closed?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Nice to see you here @pwnalley! Make sure that you are using a new 3V coin battery, CR2025. And please check the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will behave like you described when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

Then, place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.

Keep me posted! Smiley Wink 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like you are having trouble properly closing the door on the back of the Zip. The "battery low" problem is something you'll have to deal with once you figure out how to consistently close and lock the lid.

First, make sure that you line up the little arrow on the lid with the little unlocked lock. The little arrow on the lid should be pointing right at the little unlocked lock.

Next, make sure that the lid is flush with the back of the Zip. If it is sticking up at all, you won't be able to lock it into position in the next step. The battery will be pushing out against the lid, so you have to be coordinated to make this work, holding the Zip in your left palm, and pressing the lid down with a penny in the slot with your right hand. You can wiggle the lid side-to-side a little with the penny so it fits down into the Zip.

Lastly, once the lid is flat, rotate the arrow clockwise with the coin in the slot, until it points to the little locked lock.

If the back is not flush with the Zip, you haven't locked it. If the little arrow is not pointing at the locked lock,  you haven't locked it.

If you haven't locked it, the battery won't work right, so getting it locked closed is the first step toward solving the other problem.

Best Answer

I cannot get the cover flush all the way around; it's old, plastic rim might have worn too much or maybe its missing a piece.  Can the cover be replaced??

Best Answer

Has anyone responded to the answer as to if the battery cover can be replaced?  Mine is actually broken  one of the small tabs that lock it in place.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @fhockey  there are no replacement parts for any of the Fitbits, so you can't replace the cover on the Zip. What you could do is use a bit of plastic and tape it over the back and then put your Zip into a silicon case, like my friend did. The cases come in different colors from Amazon and help to hold the Zip back in place and it has a clip, so you can still wear it.

This area of the forum is not monitored by Fitbit, so it might take time for someone to stop by to answer questions.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes