Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTF! I swapped out battery - Zip went haywire.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On March 29, I swapped in a new battery. Between then and today, I synced maybe 2 times (I don't sync too often). Step counts seemed roughly accurate after the swap, I don't keep a close eye on them because I wear my Zip on my ankle almost 24/7.

Today, I woke up, did my weekly sync and noticed the Zip showed I walked 6k+ steps ... in my sleep. Wot? Those were the steps I took last night and they were showing this morning.

Spent all morning trying to fix, reading fitbit forum posts:

• Took the battery out multiple times to reset Zip
  • Logged in/out of app,
  • Installed/unistalled app,
  • Manually logged the steps under April 5
  • Logged "driving" to zero out today's steps 
  • Synced multiple times

App now shows the correct number of steps under April 5th but logging "driving" today did NOT zero today's step count at all - they are still there. Finally, I gave up and decided to ignore the extra steps.

Cut to later today, I walked again and expected double the # of steps. But instead, when I synced, I saw that IT DIDN'T RECORD ANYTHING! My real steps from today's walk did not show, neither on the Zip itself nor the app. The count is identical to this morning! How is that possible? I've been walking around all day. The battery is 100% full. W.T.F.?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Ok your getting me confused. 

Where these extra steps recorded today or yesterday? 

Could they have been recorded yesterday and the tracker dud not reset steps at midnight? 

Was the time on the tracker wrong when the steps where recorded. 

Thank you @JayJay2020 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I walked on 5th but steps (apparently) recorded on the 6th. I woke up on the 6th and decided to sync and noticed this. 

How do I even see the exact time of the activity? The clock on the Zip was correct when I woke up, that's why I was so confused. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The timeline on the app or web will tell you when it recorded the steps. Hold down finger or mouse over. 

As for the time on the Zip. This gets corrected during a sync. It may not have been correct after a battery change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit-zip-terminals.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes