Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did the Fitbit Zip go?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What happened to the zip? I see the inspire has a clip option (and that’s nice) but what I really loved about the zip was the battery. No pesky chargers... it was always ready to roll. 

I’m really so disappointed. I understand products need to evolve but this stinks 😩 

Anyone know of products similar to the zip?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @NoLady 

The Zip has been retired and the Inspire (with optional clip) is the replacement. It can be worn on the wrist or clipped like the little Zip. My friend has the Zip and loves it, but she's interested in the Inspire. On an environmental level, no more batteries to buy that end up on the landfill is a good idea. Since people need to charge their cell phones, it's just a little more to plug in the Fitbit to charge, too.

While you're here, take a look around the Lifestyle Discussion forum area. You can join in the various discussions, share recipes or get some tips on healthy living. It's a great forum.

Hope to see you around more often.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's remembering to charge it that's the problem. I have the Alta, the charge, charge HR, and several zips. The zip is by far my favorite because of the battery. My Alta, charge, and charge HR are all dead because I don't have (and don't want to have) chargers with me everywhere I go for each device + my phone.
I've looked at the Inspire forum and I'm not impressed... there are so many complaints about battery drainage. I just don't have the time to deal with that. 

I need a tracker that's always ready to go and if it's not ready, it only needs a few seconds for me to switch out the battery to get moving. 
Unfortunately, I think it's time for me to part ways with Fitbit. They just don't offer what I need anymore 😞 
It's been a good run though... over 4 years I've made 20,765,689 steps and completed 8,596 miles.

Best Answer

330E7904-0431-433E-9E95-B28674C05C03.png

I feel like Rose made the point for me... 7 days versus 6 months. 

Best Answer