Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy a Zip?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So disappointed the zip is no longer avl. for purchase in stores & people are hiking the prices up on ebay

(just bought one) since my old zip finally gave it up after 3 years.  I don't like wearing a device on my wrist I like to keep it basic with the clip on wish they still had this item.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36
I just set my mom's Zip up on her iPhone app with no problems. It was one
of the choices for items to add.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for  your reply.  I guess I'll try again.  Maybe I missed it.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Zip has been behaving itself for the last few months. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays alive for a long time. I also reached out to the company when it was acting up. They were very helpful. My app needed updating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve bought 3 zips on e ay in the last few years never paying what eBay is asking now! My zip died totally and need a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also miss the Fitbit Zip. I bought a Versa Lite but a.) I don't like wearing it on my wrist all the time, and b.) the auto-on function for the watch is terrible. 5 times out of 10 when I raised my arm to see what time it was the watch did not come on - just a black screen. I just want another Zip - please bring it back.

Best Answer

I believe my zip is nearing the end of its life. I wish Fitbit would bring it back, too. I am looking at the Inspire2 because it can be worn with a clip like the zip. I don't understand why it was discontinued.

Best Answer

I've got a dozen of them, only a few are boxed, most are previously enjoyed. 

Best Answer

I keep asking customer support to let the powers that be know many of us would like our ZIPS back.  My ZIPS fall victim to new puppies.  I've purchased several as replacements.  I went to order one this past summer only to find out they are no longer made.  Mine last for quite sometime or until we get a new puppy.  I won't pay the high cost on Ebay for one.  I've tried a few other Fit Bit products only to return them.  Miss the ZIP!

I had a FitBit wrist tracker.  I had so many steps recorded by just sitting in my chair crocheting scarves.  The ZIP only registered steps if I actually took steps.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

The zip would also record steps while tapping your foot. 

The Inspire 2 has the clip option and can also track your sleep and heart rate at night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears that the fitbit zip is no longer available in the fitbit store, nor retailers. There are many of us who prefer the zip. How can we get the zip reinstated?

ValJea715

Best Answer
I would love if the Zip was brought back. I have written Fitbit and always
make comments. I broke down and bought a Versa 3. I do like the large face
to read without glasses. It is pretty basic. I actually wore it while
wearing my husband's ZIP and the steps were comparable. But within 30 days
the V3 started freezing and not responding. Customer Service was not good
actually very disappointing.

Would love a return of the ZIP!!
Best Answer

I sent my Inspire back.  Was very loose fitting on my undergarment. I couldn't read without glasses.  

My foot taps were never recorded.  After this post I put my husband's ZIP on to see if it recorded. I compared the totals with my Versa3. Loved the V3 until it stopped working correctly after 30 days.  Still prefer the ZIP.

Call Fitbit or write them.  If enough people let them know there is still a desire for that product...  who knows.

Moderator edit: updated post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do not think Fitbit will ever offer the zip again - hope I am wrong. I have found replacements on eBay, but at a pretty high price.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit currently offers the Inspire 2 that has a clip on option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you’re wrong too. Fitbit, please bring back the Zip. 🙏🏼💕🏃🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Useless. It is NOT available in stores yet available in uk??  If Fitbit cared they would update the app BACK to where one can turn off continual connection like we used to have it.  My zip battery would last for at least 4 months.  Now it is syncing/connecting CONSTANTLY therefore my battery dead within 1 to 2 days tops. I NEED the zip for physical therapy I’m doing for knee and do NOT want wrist etc.  (not to mention my zip was always perfectly accurate compared to a wrist because I tested with friend doing same activity counting steps.  I do not understand why so many want the zip and you won’t make available. 

Best Answer

I think I got my zip in 2009??  Absolutely no problems until my 4g phone. Fitbit app wouldn’t communicate right.  After months of problems with Fitbit support, they finally fixed the app.  It was working until I replaced the battery a few weeks ago.  Went dead in a day. Thought I had a bad battery....nope.  Check app settings and the prompt to NOT check always sync or always connect is not there so it is constantly updating. Therefore no battery life.  Sad they won’t help.

Best Answer