Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is auto sync option no longer available?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I liked being able to click "sync now" and get the latest steps. WHY did you remove that option from the "app" page???? Do you EVER think about the users? That's rhetorical, of course. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @commname52  it got changed a few years ago to auto sync when there is data to upload to the servers. On my Android app, I just pull down and it sync right then for me. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, but I don't view the fitbit dashboard on the phone. It's a PC. 
Until a week or so ago, I could open the app on my computer and click "sync now" and it did. It always says something like "can't locate tracker" even though the dongle is about 8 inches from the actual fitbit (Zip) so I have to tap it a few times before the dongle sees it. I know complaining about fitbit gets my comments deleted. But, I have complaints, whether they like them or not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@commname52  as of October 13, 2022 the Fitbit app for Windows has been discontinued. If you get it to work at all, that might be a fluke. It's stopped working for many who have posted here. Posts are removed, edited or merged, per the rules of the forums. I have mine removed, too. It's not complaints they remove, but it often is how the wording is used or what the topic of the thread actually is.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes