Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will zip work with a walker or rollator

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wondering if the Fitbit zip will work for someone who uses a rollator? She walks unsupported at home, but when we take her to the mall or out for a walk she needs a walker. This is when she gets the most steps. She needs bragging rights. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @BabygiraffeIf you're doing something like pushing a roller or shopping cart, and you use a wrist-based device your steps total may be slightly lower than usual.

However, Zip is designed to be worn close to the body. A shirt pocket, bra, pants pocket, belt, or waistband are all ideal places to wear your Zip. I think that Zip can be helpful for your friend or family member to brag those well earn steps. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We bought her a fitbit zip. She doesn’t like it clipped on her bra so we put it on a 3” lanyard which she hangs on to her bra strap so that she can pull it out and look at it frequently to check her progress. 

Seems to be counting steps equally well when she walks unsupported and when she uses a walker. It’s very motivating for her and she works hard at meeting her daily target. 

I’d love to see more people using fitbits with assistive devices like walkers and canes. For the seniors in my family this could be a huge benefit. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Babygiraffe! So good to hear all this. I'm thrill to know that she has found motivation with her Zip and that it's helping her to meet her daily goals. 

Also, I really appreciate all the positive feedback and for all the Fitbit love. This help us to keep motivated and, to keep improving our products and services. Please, let me know if you need extra help or if you have any question.

Catch you later! 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes