Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish the Zip was still available

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had a Zip since 2014. I had to replace a lost one.

I love the simplicity. I don't need to check the numbers every five minutes. I just need a step and calorie counter that connects to an ecosystem to track them.

The new products are too expensive, and I can't see them outside.

Except for the band, the Surge was the best product ever. An upgrade wouldn't be that hard. I still use mine, but only when doing an exercise.

http://48statehike.blogspot.com
Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@Gershon I'm not understanding your challenge, are you still using a Zip? I understand from your share that you're using a second Zip as your first was lost but I'm unclear about your concern about availability unless you were just asking in general for future needs? They're available to purchase, just not available from Fitbit. You can purchase Fitbit ZIps from Amazon, eBay, and various other marketplaces. I'm about to list several zips for sale, but I'm not here to sell, just support 🤓

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Zip is about $240 on Amazon. Originally, they were $65. 

I still use mine. I lost one, but bought two more. I still have a spare I've never used. I don't care for the fancy watches I can't see outside. The new watches don't work on the operating system on my old phone, and they won't work without a phone. I'm not going to buy a new phone so I can use a Fitbit. I'll do it an old-fashioned way. I'll put a piece of tape on my heel and try to wear it out each day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gershon your Zip back isn't staying on? 3D print a new one! I got the design from Thingiverse.

PS. there are other marketplaces besides Amazon, for instance, eBay, Mercari, OfferUp, etc. 🙂 

My Fitbit Zip is Working Again!My Fitbit Zip is Working Again!Recreated 3D Fitbit ZIP BackRecreated 3D Fitbit ZIP Back3D Recreation of Fitbit ZIP Tool3D Recreation of Fitbit ZIP Tool

Best Answer

On Amazon or ebay you will be buying a 5-6 year old Zip. 

Why not buy an Inspire 2 and the clip mount? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought two the last time. One is still new.

The new Fitbits won't work with my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest app will not work with your phone, if you still had the older app version it would work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still use the zip with the current version of the app. However, due to Fitbit keeping "all day sync" on without a way to turn it off (their recommendation was to turn off Bluetooth). My battery life went from 1-2 months to 2 weeks if that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like you bought an old battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also like the simplicity of the Zip. I've had mine since about 2017, and it still works well.  The newer products are too conspicuous for me.  I don't want to wear something on my wrist.  With the Zip I can just keep it in my pocket all day.  The newer products all seem to be 3x the price of the Zip and I'm sure Fitbit wants everyone to replace theirs.  

Best Answer