Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery door not opening

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit zip battery back will not open.  I have used the tool that comes with the Fitbit zip and a quarter to try to open it.  It will not open.  I have enlisted the help of my daughter and son in law, fitbit owners as well, who say it is unusually tight, and they can't open it either.  The only person who has ever been able to open it, are the employees of RadioShack (where I purchased my new battery from).

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any ideas to get it to work?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Great idea! After struggling for twenty minutes I saw your idea and it worked like a charm! Thanks 🙂

Best Answer

I’ll never buy another one, don’t want t take a chance z!

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Hi @KatBC! Welcome to the Forums, thanks for confirming you've got it solved. I'm glad to know that you found help on the Forums, we're here to help all members. Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Heart

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Cindyloi, sorry you feel that way. In case that you change your mind we'll be here to help you out.

Keep stepping around in the Forums! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I’m sorry but you didn’t take care of me.My zip still sitting in the
drawer,might as well throw away.
Good customer service not with me.
--
*Cindy L.*

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Cindyloi

Sorry for the issues with your Zip and for the time it took me to respond. I requested a new case for you, so you will get a follow up email to see what are the options you have with Fitbit. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How convenient??
--
*Cindy L.

Best Answer

Hi @Cindyloi, thanks for your comment. Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long and was it on high or low???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably 30 secs on high, but just try it and if it needs to be warmer or longer, adjust acoordingly.  It won't self-destruct VEH.

Best Answer
0 Votes

just got it open. tild your hand down so its at an angle and twist . it takes some serious strength

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner did you want a solution or did you just want to shout at other members of the community how you "WILL NOT buy another fit bit - ever" as I assure you, neither myself nor anyone here will reach into their pockets and buy you a new one due to your threats, LOL! If instead, you'd like some suggestions that work, LMK 🙂 

@esmetaherzadeh glad it's open, please don't use force, it will make things worse for the future. If necessary, 2 to 3 seconds with a heat gun (never risk more than this) will help loosen up a stubborn battery door, similar to how running a tight jar lid under hot water loosens it for opening. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes