Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery drain after iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

I've merged a few posts together because we received several reports of battery draining for Zip users on iOS after the 2.39 update. Our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. Once I receive an update from them I will update this thread and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Also note, we have had reports that turning off all-day-sync has helped as a workaround and worth a try until this issue is resolved. 

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
175 REPLIES 175
I wish my batteries would last a month I,m lucky to get a week. I also love
my fitbit but will be looking for a different maker when I need to replace.

--
Regards

Edwin (Eddie) Andrews
Best Answer

For me I believe the problem has been fixed. I do have auto sync turned off but I last replaced the battery on September 18th and it is still showing full despite being down to 25% during the 'problem' period. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oldguy48

hi. I’m a big fan also and I just couldn’t go away from Fitbit so I’m just patient but yesterday also I followed some suggestion from same Fitbit forim, is to put ur new battery with a small piece of paper at the back of the battery then cover it as usual   It worked for me   

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s great! I didn’t use auto synch because it was a drain on my phone.
I’m glad it worked for you though. Thanks 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

For anyone who is using the laptop version of the app as a work round, mine showed that my Zip needed updating this morning and I stupidly updated it, thinking it would be a fix, but it made things worse! My zip went from showing full battery to half full, straight off. So, I would really recommend that you do not update your zip unless you are sure they have sorted the battery issue out *sigh*

Although, on the other hand, before the update, the solution had been working really well. 

Best Answer

I have gone through 4 batteries in 2 weeks.  Is there anything that has been resolved on this?  I hate to have to Get rid of my fitbit, but at the cost of batteries, it is not worth it.

Best Answer
I have been buying Dollar Store batteries 2/$1 and each one last about a week...about the same as the pricier ones. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I put the CR-2032 battery in my Zip on Oct 5, and it is still showing 100% today. Battery is only slightly thicker than 2025, by 0.7mm. This is my solution and it works.

Jake
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Jake, I will try that!
Best Answer
0 Votes

So sorry. Mine is workin good for now and it’s been good for almost 3 weeks.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you change anything?
Best Answer

Dee

i did all kinds of things from deleting the app to upgrading the phone to getting different batt to adding a little piece of paper inside with battery to make little pressure inside   They were a suggestions from the forum and fitbits guidance.  After all this witchy things also I put the lithium battery that’s what I’m using. I bought it al dollar tree. Just to see how much luck I had. But wait for Fitbit helps u, maybe they have ur solution for ur device  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up buying a Flex 2 and getting an after market device on Amazon so I could clip it on instead of wearing it as a watch. After I purchased it I have heard from others that they have gone to different batteries for the Fitbit with success. One person said that by buying a 2032 battery the battery drain stopped. Another switched to Duracell batteries and had better luck with those. I hope this helps.

I am enjoying the Flex as it has a re-chargable battery.
Best Answer
Hope one of these possible solutions work. Let me know if you are successful.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After upgrading and trying different options listed out here, I've given up.  Bought a non-fitbit device and moved on.  Good luck to all of you.  

Best Answer