Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery drain

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use a zip so am unable to recharge the battery. Each time I put in a new
battery, it lasts a maximum of 1 month. The present battery was put into
the zip last Monday and by Thursday the zip was indicating that the battery
was almost nil. I followed the suggestions to make sure the toggles were
aligned properly so that the battery sat level and that improved the
battery life a bit but on Tuesday of this week I rec'd another message that
the battery should be replaced.

--
Ruta

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
100 REPLIES 100

I agree with you 100% bobren.
Although I received a replacement zip, it eventually starting eating batteries too. I gave up and bought a Charge, no issues except for the band coming off. I abused the heck out of my Charge though because of the band design. It popped off my wrist too easily.

Charge 2 is even better! I'm glad they changed the design of the band to a standard watch strap. It stayed on my wrist......until recently. One of the band straps on the Charge 2 keeps popping off. I've had it for almost one year.

Best Answer
My Fitbit zip quit working. They replaced it once. Does anyone know how the Versa is?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi @xenaFB and @Sunwalker18. thanks for sharing you comments. 

Sorry for all inconvenience with your Fitbit trackers but thanks for reporting the recent issues with your Charge 2 band. @CLChing I've requested a new case for you, so you will get a follow up email to see what are the options you have with Fitbit.

@Sunwalker18 Feel free to visit more details about Fitbit Versa in the Versa Board. If you have questions you can let me know or you can post your inquiry there.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My second Zip does the same thing...eats batteries fast. I can't decide if the third time will be charm or if I should just give up. 

Best Answer
I gave up I paid for so many batteries I decided it wasn’t worth it anymore

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I wish Fitbit one was still available. I had to switch to the zip when I couldn’t find a replacement for my old st Fitbit one. 

Best Answer

Hey there @sma1958@Sunwalker18 and @Armstrongemily, thanks for sharing your comments! Smiley Happy

I appreciate all the effort that you put into solving these issues with your Zip. Maybe you've already tried this, but why don't your open the back of your Zip and clean the place where you put the battery using a cotton swab. Make sure that the little metal piece that makes contact with the battery is not bend or rusty too.

zip.PNG

zip clean.PNG

If that doesn't help it will be best to check with our support team.

Please keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no idea why this thread is marked as solved, because it obviously is not, even after several years!!!

I have an older zip that still works perfectly except that a new battery will only seem to last a few days. I got fed up with it so got out a brand new one I had around in case I lost my old one. It was okay until it did a firmware update, and now it reads “empty”. I took the battery out and tested it. It read 3.01 volts, and the battery contacts are perfectly fine. I put the battery back in, but it still said it was empty. .... oh look.... now it is fine again, just 20 minutes later!

After several years, isn’t it time you found out what is going wrong and fixed it?

Best Answer

Hi @JDHav, thanks for sharing your comments. 

We usually suggest this workaround since it has worked for a lot of users. Thanks for all the steps that you've tried to fix this. By any chance you're using an Android phone? 

I'm very interested in helping you out with this, keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. I connect to an iPad. I’ve tried the workaround to no avail. I’m getting tired of spending money on batteries that last a few weeks at best, and a few days at worst. I’ve tried cheap Chinese bulk batteries and expensive name brand ones, and get the same results either way. I have easily spent more on batteries than I did for the Zip. The original battery lasted for months. What’s the difference?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I switched to a Charge 2 and no longer use the zip.  Although it cost more, it provides much more information.  I'd be lost without it!
Best Answer
I gave up on my zip got tired of buying batteries

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Nice to see you again here @JDHav and @Sunwalker18.

Thanks a million for sharing your feedback @bobren110!

As it was mentioned in other thread, it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device (iOS version 2.41.1). We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible.

If you're having same issues with and Android or PC, please check these tips to troubleshoot battery drain issues.

We really appreciate the time you've taken in order to troubleshoot this! Let me know if you have questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your assistance!
The issue was a broken band, not the band fittings on the charge 2 device. New straps are in place and secured.

Best Answer

My Zip has exactly the same problem with battery drain as everyone else. It's insulting to mark this problem as "resolved".  I called Fitbit today to ask them to refund my money.  At first they offered me a new Zip (why would I want another faulty tracker?) and then they told me that they had to issue the credit to the original buyer (it was a gift from my daughter), not to me. I don't know of any other retailer that does this.  Imagine returning a Christmas gift from Macy's and being told they would issue a refund to the person who bought the item!

You've lost a customer, Fitbit!

Best Answer

Hi @xenaFB, thanks for getting back. I'm glad to see that you're back on track. Sorry for the time I took to respond.

@martid Sorry for the issues you're having with your Fitbit Zip. We really appreciate your feedback. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new Fitbit zip and the brand new battery lasted 2 days. Tech ‘support’ said it was a known issue and the engineers were working on it and wouldn’t do ANYTHING. Really? This a 4 year old problem. They told me to wait for a solution as a replacement won’t solve the problem. 

The last one I had was replaced and it works fine. Gave it to my son and ended up with another lemon. Not recommending Fitbit to anyone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I won't buy another Fitbit product.
--
Best Answer
As I mentioned in my very first post, and why I still seem to be getting
copied on this years later - I use a slightly thicker battery (2032) and
have not had an issue since. The recommended size still does not work in
my fitbit.

Zeusmoose
Best Answer
0 Votes
You would think they would make this a priority by now, rather than lose their customers to an increasing number of competitors. Is it apathy, incompetence or just bad business?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer