Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip broken battery cover

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my fitbit zip for a long time, however over a month ago the battery cover broke. Whilst looking, I found that no where including fitbit themselves stock this item as a replacement, my problem was they sell replacement parts for all other fitbits they stock, so why not this one( my zip is out of warranty too, so asking for a replacement wouldn't happen either as I had asked and was advised they couldn't send a new unit to me  which I understand). So I did the next best thing, which worked for a while, keeping the battery in the zip by putting selotape around the unit, this work for a while until a few weeks later I arrived home to discover the zip had worked it's way free of the belt clip, as such it's now lost, and tbh although I do love fitbit, the prices for a tracker are quite high and right now getting one is quite low on my list( especially when I've looked at other brands and they seem cheaper)

And so reaching out to fitbit they advised me to put my sugestion up on here ( why they can't do it with out customer validation is beyond me)

1) Package the zip with a spare battery cover.

2) Make the battery cover available to buy so even if your zip is out of warranty your only without your zip for a few days until the new battery cover arrives 

3) Discontinue the zip as if your zip is out of warranty and the cover breaks this renders the tracker as useless, and the fitbit team seem reluctant to help( as it goes against their conditions)

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

It's nice to see new faces around @Katedale. Thank you for sharing your experience with your Zip's battery cover issue. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success.

You might have the time to read more about the Warranty Policies from Fitbit, so you can have a better understanding of the response that you got from our Support Team. 

I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this if you have doubts. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have already spoken to your customer care team, I already know that my fitbit zip is out of warranty, as previously mentioned. They advised me to put up a post on here for others to vote for, which might help your company actually do something for those who own a zip version and not to go though what I have, which is loss of a fitbit...
It seems that now I think about it there maybe a lack of communication between departments tbh. My goal was to make your company fully aware that they are selling a product that if the battery cover breaks and the product is out of warranty it becomes worthless as there isn't a replacement you can buy. Your customer departments answer was to put what I said up on here to see if others would vote for it and they as a company could then do something, but now I'm being told by yourselves to get back in touch with the customer care team, when there's clearly nothing that can be done as 1) when I reported the battery cover as broken, all I wanted to do was purchase a replacement fromyourselves, sounded easy, but not as you don't do it . 2) There is no point now, even if your company did decide to sell the battery cover for me to purchase one from you now as the unit is now lost....
I just wanted to make your company aware that because of this flaw , they could stand to lose customers as the zip version is the cheapest of your fitbit family trackers, hence sometimes up grading isn't possible for some( like myself), so we lose faith in the brand as the company can't or won't help, hence we look at other brands that are cheaper and could be deemed more reliable.
But instead were sent on a wild goose chase because departments don't speak to each other.....

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to the community @Katedale. I apologize for what appears to be a misunderstanding. Our support team might have told you to add your idea of selling Zip's battery cover to our Feature Suggestions. There other users can vote for it. 

I appreciate your feedback and comments. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a horrible experience today after contacting customer service about my Fit Bit Zip. Although I reiterated multiple times that my Fit Bit Zip was over a year old, they said they could not do anything unless I sent it to them. They gave me links to retailers who they led me to believe sold the Fit Bit Zip battery replacement cover. While I had the "Live Chat" in progress I checked one of their retailers "Amazon" who did not sell the Battery Replacement Cover. When I asked who sold the battery replacement cover, she said she did not know. After trying to con me into buying a new device, she finally admitted that the warranty was only a year old---which negated why I needed to send the device to them and that you could not purchase a battery replacement cover. This was over 25 minutes of wasted time. They said they cannot give them away for free if not under warranty. I said I was willing to pay for it. Why they had me jump through multiple hoops and dead ends is beyond me. They knew from the drop down menu why I was calling. So frustrating! Customer Service is a complete waste of time!!!! Cannot recommend. 👎

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katedale Had the same experience. Their customer service stinks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mehoye cool you got someone to spend 25 minutes trying to help you for free, Fitbit has no reason to support or provide parts for out of warranty trackers, and it's awesome they let us connect our old Zips to the system. Go to marketplaces like eBay and Mercari. If you don't see a battery cover (or broken tracker you can pull the cover from), set up a saved search and they'll email you when matching items are added. I bought a brand-new Zip from eBay for under $30 and new items get added daily. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thingiverse has design files to 3D print a ZIP back cover. I've just brought this ZIP back to life 🤠Recreated 3D Fitbit ZIP BackRecreated 3D Fitbit ZIP Back

Perfect? No. Functional? Absolutely!

Best Answer

How and where can I order or make this type of cover??  That's exactly what I need.

Best Answer
0 Votes