Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip doesn't light up on the face - brand new

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a brand new Zip fitbit.  Installed battery, can touch and go from stairs, steps etc, but the face doesn't light up.  This can't be right is it??????   Since nothing comes with a manual it's takes hours to find any info online.  Beyond frustrated.  Any ideas?  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wow! Thanks for the clarification @GershonSurge, you're right! 

Fitbit Zip doesn't light up when you tap on it. This is an expected behavior and it's the way the Zips is supposed to work. In order to see your data you got to have the light on in the room or be outside during the day.

Here is a link that will provide you with more information about your Zip. You will find the product manual there, check page 8 for more details about the display.  You can also find a quick guide through the dashboard and an additional option to search through different topics using keywords.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Hbray, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Congrats on your new Fitbit. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot your Zip and for trying to find the manual online, sorry that you felt that way. You can find the Zip manual here.  About your Zip not turning on, please verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. 

I would also recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zip.png

Hope this helps, keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hbray wrote:

Just got a brand new Zip fitbit.  Installed battery, can touch and go from stairs, steps etc, but the face doesn't light up.  This can't be right is it??????   Since nothing comes with a manual it's takes hours to find any info online.  Beyond frustrated.  Any ideas?  

Reading your post literally, I think you are saying you can see the steps, etc. However, you can't see a backlight. The Zip doesn't have a backlight. 

To find the manual, Google "Fitbit Zip Manual." Here is one source.

I recommend not clipping the Zip so it's outside a pocket. Eventually, the clip wears and the Zip may fall out. 

Best Answer

Wow! Thanks for the clarification @GershonSurge, you're right! 

Fitbit Zip doesn't light up when you tap on it. This is an expected behavior and it's the way the Zips is supposed to work. In order to see your data you got to have the light on in the room or be outside during the day.

Here is a link that will provide you with more information about your Zip. You will find the product manual there, check page 8 for more details about the display.  You can also find a quick guide through the dashboard and an additional option to search through different topics using keywords.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Best Answer

I actually bought 2 but didn't want to open the 2nd one until I found out if this was normal. 

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi @Hbray! You're welcome. It is always a pleasure take care of our happy Fitbitters. Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Heart

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes