Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip doesn’t register steps taken, even after wearing it all day.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wear my Fitbit Zip all day, everyday. (With the exception of when I’m sleeping.) From the moment I get up in the morning to the moment right before getting into bed, I don’t leave anywhere without it on me. However, every day for nearly the past week now, it is showing nothing on the display screen other than the smiley face and 0.00 km travelled. Won’t show me anything else when I tap it. Not the time, not the calories burned, not the steps I’ve taken. Usually I can see these things when I tap the screen. Nothing happens when I tap the screen, however. Just shows those two things, and then goes back to resting mode (a blank screen).

Since you’ll probably ask….

Yes, I’ve synced it. I try to sync it at least once a day. When it syncs, it shows on my app the time it was synced, so I know it was just done. It syncs what is on the Fitbit screen. So, just zeros. Shows nothing but zeroes for steps, distance, etc. Obviously it shouldn’t be showing zeros of anything, since I am wearing it all day and am very active. It simply is not registering my steps. (Or anything else….distance, calories, time, etc.)

No, the battery is not dead or even low. I just changed it. It has nothing to do with the battery.

No, this is not like any issue I’ve ever experienced before.

No, Fitbit support wasn’t able to help. Not sure if they even understood the issue, even though I explained it to them clearly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @jacobse  you try restarting it ? That's the first thing you can do. Remember, the retired devices no longer get firmware updates two years after their retirement date.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes